[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, would it be totally autistic to try to sync a text story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hey, would it be totally autistic to try to sync a text story with music? I'm writing a short fiction work, with the MC hacking into a ships speaker/sound system then playing some spoopy music to scare the defenders shitless as he too them out one by one?

The cons are
1.People read at different speeds
2.I have to write and structure that part of the story around the music, when I could maybe have readers who read slowly or who read very quickly.

Pros:
1.C00l.
>>
Also, If any of you have done anything similar, any help is appreciated
>>
File: 1447829032384.png (329KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1447829032384.png
329KB, 555x555px
>>8511802
Better ask /tg/. /lit/ is made of elitist assholes.
>>
>>8511797
>sync a text story with music

dude that's called a song
>>
>>8511797
You might have to do that part as an audio recording or choose music that loops or repeats itself slot.
>>
>>8511897
>Slot
I meant 'alot'
>>
>>8511797
Yes, it would be autistic, unnecessary and proof that you are an awful writer who needs external stimulii to create an atmosphere for his cyberpunk self insert power fantasy.
>>
>>8511797
there's a dude called Boy Eats Drum Machine or something like that who recently (fuck) kickstartered an audiobook that sort of has the same premise as what you're describing. it isn't out yet, so i'm not sure how similar it is.
>>
>>8511797

What are visual novels?
>>
>>8511797
talentless hack pls leave /lit/
>>
>>8511797
>posts animu on /lit/
>would it be autistic

The answer is yes, everything you do will be autistic.
>>
>>8513036
/thread
>>
Make a song or kind of. Read your text and broadcast yourself, and integrate it to the music, there's no necessity to sing it, some of Patti Smith's songs are nearly spoken somtimes, like in the song called Birdland and it works.
It can sound cheesy but it can work marvelously too. I don't have any exemple in mind but some work of oral poetry has certainly been made this way too
>>
You're wonderful and I love you.

This could be done in four ways:

Audio book with music playing in background
VN
Speedreader program a La Spritz where certain segments have music
Hallmark card esque plastic shit that plays music when a certain page is open
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.