[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you even remember half the books you've read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

do you even remember half the books you've read?
>>
>>8511113
Yes. I remember all of them, but sometimes I can't access all memories of them until I read a short passage from said book.
>>
>>8511113
Probably not. I always forget the books i've read. Maybe I should start keeping a list.
>>
there are a couple books I read while high, and those are the only ones Ive read as an adult that I dont really remember. I like to think I "absorbed" the narrative in some fashion but of course its bullshit
>>
I remember the feelings more. Like recollections of the underlying energy in conversations long gone.
>>
Funny thing, back when I was a teenager I read to scape from my reality so I can remember some books better than my own life.

Others I was just repeating the words on my mind and I can barely remember what they were about, still I can remember at least the important parts of the plot.

As for non-literature, I remember most of it because I wouldn't be reading it if I wasn't going to pay attention.
>>
>>8511118
ha, I did this.
after 2 years I destroyed it.
I realised that I just had to take reading more seriously and concentrate more, and that keeping a list made me want to finish books quicly to add them to the list.

sorry bad English.
>>
"I don't remember every meal I ate but they made me who I am."

-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
>>
No, I've read more books than I could ever remember.

My mum used to take me to the library every two weeks and I'd pick out a new handful; this was my life from the ages of about four to fourteen.

I got older of course and my reading petered out a little, but reading a new book roughly every two days for ten years means I've gone through an awful lot of them.
>>
>>8511289
while you were reading your books at the library i was throatfucking your mummy so hard behind the fiction section. she prolly kissed you with my cum still floating in her mouth.
>>
>>8511113
I make notes as i read books of the key things going on and my thoughts. Because of this i rarely remember character names and more so the plot, kinda like when youre talking about films with your friends.
>>
Yes. Lets say that 50 have had a very large influence on my own thoughts or I simply remember them and contemplate.
>>
>>8511113
No. But I had managed it with Goodreads.

I wish the site had document making back-ups. My reading memory will be screwed if that website goes down.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.