[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>write villainous character as the antagonist >audience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 5369608.jpg (409KB, 2500x844px) Image search: [Google]
5369608.jpg
409KB, 2500x844px
>write villainous character as the antagonist
>audience is derisive of the character and condemns the actions and goals ("Whatever the reasons, what (s)he's doing is wrong and (s)he should be punished. Not to mention his/her toxic personality.")

>write villainous character as the protagonist
>audience sympathizes with the character and will even defend or support the actions and goals, to the point of being derisive of other characters for "getting in the way" ("His/her actions may be "evil" but are totally reasonable/understandable/justified. And he/she's not really such a bad person.")

Can /lit/ explain this?
>>
Sounds like a problem with fanboys and girls getting overly attached to mary sues in genreshit
>>
>>8510974
That's probably the case but still amusing.
>>
>>8510966
Gosh, it's almost like the way you present things radically changes their meaning to your audience.

What do you think adverts, propaganda, and political spin is for?
>>
People are fickle.
>>
>we don't sympathise and empathise with a character whose perspective and personal motives are unknown to us
>we do sympathise and empathise with a character whose perspective and personal motives are known to us

Oh gee I wonder why
>>
>>8511720
>antagonist's perspective and personal motives are always unknown
No.
>>
Nice strawman OP
>>
except Light was the good guy
>>
>>8512985
Was Light /lit/?

At least he wrote daily
He was more /lit/ than L that's for sure
>>
>>8512997
wasn't he in law school at university

I guess that's /lit/
>>
>he didn't support Light
what a fag, I bet you don't even idolize Duterte
>>
Light would vote Trump tbph. He was very redpilled.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.