[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best books on Babylonian demons/monsters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: sm101_0869.jpg (83KB, 699x875px) Image search: [Google]
sm101_0869.jpg
83KB, 699x875px
Best books on Babylonian demons/monsters?
>>
>>8508812
I don't know but I'd like to hear. All I have is a copy of Herodotus and he is a little light on the Babylonians.
>>
>>8508834
>pseud can't think of a book most people know about

the correct answer is dear diary, today op was a faggot dEsU
>>
>>8509006
I'm a pseud if I claim to be an authority on Babylonia, which I am not. Upon googling Babylonian demons, all I get is wikipedia entries and various articles, rather than book recommendations. If you have any wisdom I'd be grateful to hear it.
>>
>>8509057
>hey guys i have nothing useful to add, why am i even bothering to comment in the first place lol. i sure am stiupid.
>what do you mean im not a pseud?

Scumbag tripfag and a pseud to boot.
>>
>>8509057
Shut the fuck up dumbass
>>
>>8508812

Unfortunately Babylonian mythology doesn't really open itself up to greater study like that of Egypt or Greece, mainly because we don't know anywhere near as much about it. As well as this, most of our information on it is smeared by later authors who viewed Babylonian gods as demons (whereas the Babylonians themselves would have thought of them as gods).

The Epic of Gilgamesh does spend some time dealing with Babylonian mythology, but not much in the way of monsters - much of the rest of their remaining works are pretty fragmentary and not particularly interesting either (unless you like lists of food). Get the Oxford World's Classics book called "Myths from Mesopotamia" - it has probably the best Gilgamesh translation with very good notes, as well as some other interesting myths.

You could also read the Old Testament, as much of its content is derived from the mythologies of the region, including Babylon.

Obviously a more contemporary novel would be the Exorcist, but it's not exactly accurate and mixed in with a lot of Christian ideology. It's still fun though, although the movie is probably better.
>>
>>8509119
More pseud shit
>>
>>8509119
Ty
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.