[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking RACIST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

>It was yrstruly and C and Poor Tony that crewed that day and everything like that. The AM were wicked bright and us a bit sick however we scored our wake ups boosting some items... He say he take his self up to Roy Tony and say him not to mess with

Say him not to mess with? Are you fucking joking? Does David Wallace actually think this is how black people talk?

There's even worse parts than that... what does THAT tell you... I was trying to enjoy his book, but I just cant get past this racism. Luckily enough I still have the receipt, and will be returning this piece of shit with a bit to say to the person that tried to tell me to read this. Fucking awful.
>>
>>8508758
Going to go "crew" with my crew and say fuck your book nigga. Seriously what the fuck
>>
File: yo_nigga.jpg (205KB, 1058x1410px) Image search: [Google]
yo_nigga.jpg
205KB, 1058x1410px
"Hol' up"
>>
>>8508758
david foster wallace is dead my man
>>
>>8508758
Don't be such cry now.
>>
>>8508758
You're in 4chan, sweetheart

Being called racist is a badge of honor, cuck
>>
>>8508758
You clearly didn't understand what he was doing there. It wasn't supposed to be an accurate representation of how African Americans speak everyday; it was a commentary on the unique grammars that form in isolated communities, a loving analysis of language's infinite communicative potentials. Go read a transcript of a Gucci Mane interview if you want to know how black people speak, but read DFW if you want to know how humans of all races speak.
>>
>WARDINE
>>
File: tmp_2218-6ni9I9I-348847018.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2218-6ni9I9I-348847018.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>8508801
Even so, you still think his writing was an accurate portrayal of ebonics? You sterling shoes, scarf, polo shirt, colorful shorts, fucking, retard
>>
>>8508758
They're black? Shit I hate changing how characters look in my head. Were they described somewhere I must have missed it
>>
>>8508795
/pol/ is not 4chan
>>
>>8508860
Did you have many black friends from Boston in the 90's? If not, how are you any kind of authority on the subject?
>>
>>8508758
Its not racist but if thats real it is pretty embarrasing. Or maybe it was intentional since IJ is set in the future.
>>
>>8508884
In the projects a few n bombs are dropped, so you could possibly infer it. Otherwise, idk
>>
>>8508904
It was intended to be a prediction of how "street" language would change by then, though it's still fairly silly.
>>
>>8508884
I don't think yrstruly is specifically black. Your wiggers don't speak any differently though, do they?
>>
>>8508884
Poor Tony and C definitely aren't. yrstrly was Emil Minty who had a swastika tattoo with "fuck nigers" in it so he wasn't black either.
>>
>>8508768
Shit.. now I feel bad for my fake-anger.

[Spoiler]It's a good book so far; he has a way with triggering your ASMR in some parts. I love the attention to detail.[/spoiler]
>>
>>8508758
holy FUCK that part was so hard to read with its half page-long sentences

the bit about the crossdresser in the library bathroom suffering from withdrawals was really great though
>>
>>8508758
>Say him not to mess with? Are you fucking joking? Does David Wallace actually think this is how black people talk?

Yes, some actually talk like that. Not usually THAT bad, but I have heard some people who talk like a stereotypical impression of a field slave.

t. Someone who grew up around poor black people
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.