/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> that face when fascists just activated my trap card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: trap_card.gif (124KB, 435x619px) Image search: [Google]
trap_card.gif
124KB, 435x619px
> that face when fascists just activated my trap card
>>
>>8508757
Fascism is the right way forward, retard
>>
File: 0.jpg (460KB, 900x1001px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
460KB, 900x1001px
>>8508802
"Activate it, Felix."
>>
File: BOOM.jpg (11KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
BOOM.jpg
11KB, 300x230px
>>8508802
pew pew pew!
>>
>>8508757
>marxist foundation
kek, they had no idea about it

>postmodern terms are cool
yeah, mixing math and physics, you donĀ“t know shit about, with your random philosophical views

Greetings from Alan Sokal!
>>
>>8508857
>Sokal

That's bullshit though. You can accuse postmodernists of many things, but the way Bricmont and Sokal went about it showed their own ignorance.

Not gonna bother searching for an example since there have been plenty written about, but there was one passage from Guattari that the two considered complete nonsense when in fact it was almost banal if you simply understood that he was using the Heideggerian sense of existence as extasis (long story short going from Greek to Latin changed the word's meaning) as being situated outside one's self as default mode of being (in this sense Heidegger can say that a rock, unlike humans, doesn't exist).

I'm not saying that there aren't plenty of simple things covered under big words in philosophy, but that's different from saying it's just nonsense.
>>
File: nickland2.jpg (62KB, 657x404px) Image search: [Google]
nickland2.jpg
62KB, 657x404px
not so fast...
>>
>>8508757
I think this post is funny but D&G don't "celebrate deteritorialization" wtf

They argue throughout anti-oedipus that it's an effect of globalized late capitalism that decodes and recodes traditional meaning systems. It's how the market inserts itself into different cultures and liquidates them to ensure the rapid circulation of capital from its centers to its margins and back again.

Fix this meme.
>>
>>8509074
geek
philosophy is for losers
>>
>>8509095
Anti-Oedipus isn't that great of example of their thought despite being their most well known book. They changed some concepts fundamentally afterwards (such as the body without organs and deterritorialization) showing different, more positive (so to speak), aspects of them.

They also don't use a Lacanian psychoanalytic model strictly speaking, but that error probably comes from Anti-Oedipus as well where they were on Lacan's side since Guattari probably still had hopes of becoming his successor. They later dismiss some of Lacan's fundamental concepts. It's not the same as saying they're anti-Lacan since they were all, like most intellectuals of that period, influenced by Freud, Proust, Gombrowicz, Joyce and others and it certainly shows in the terminology, but I wouldn't say they're being Lacanian as such.
>>
>>8509095
They kinda do celebrate it though. You can't really say that anti-Oedipus is as chill with reterritorialization as it is with deterritorialization. That said they don't say this explicitly, it's more of a matter of ratio of relative focus, and they do say that both processes arise through capitalism.
>>
>>8509125
How do they "celebrate deterritorialization" then because whenever that term is cited - from Zizek to Jameson - it's always in the context I mentioned (ie an effect of capital that destructures meaning systems and restructures them to comply with the logic of the market).

AO is the only work I've read by them, btw, so feel free to rec anything though I fall on the Badiou side of theory wars
>>
>>8509150
To give you a random example, here's a quote from What is Philosophy?:

> Philosophy is at once concept creation
and instituting of the plane. The concept is the beginning of philosophy, but the plane is its instituting. The plane is clearly not a program, design, end, or means: it is a plane of immanence that constitutes the absolute ground of philosophy, its earth or deterritorialization, the foundation on which it creates its concepts. Both the creation of concepts and the instituting of the plane are required, like two wings or fins.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but they move "deterritorialization" away from worldy flows (so to speak) and into something creative, celebrating it even if it is just a moment rather than a goal.
>>
>>8509150
deterritorialization is just much closer to the ideological/political thrust of their writing, the critique of representation denying fixed meaning and the opposition of arborescent and rhizomatic models with the unrooted model being emphasized, guides on how to become a body without organs.. That said deterritorialization is presented with its own caveats and typically is coupled with reterritorialization as a necessity. And in thousand plateaus they caution against an excess of deterritorializing, perhaps having seen a few too many casualties at Vincennes over the years
>>
>>8509213
Interdesting.

I can see it having some creative uses outside the purely psycho-political-economic realm.

I'm skeptical of pomo insistence on immanence (Habermas calls it fascism lol) but I'll cold check some more of their work.
>>
File: wpid-joseantonio_derivera_.jpg (396KB, 1021x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-joseantonio_derivera_.jpg
396KB, 1021x1600px
But you can't even define what fascism is.
>>
>>8509271
The aestheticization of politics.

Cf. Walter Benjamin.

Bye bye, u tried.
>>
File: Cfmar0oWIAAhKNt.jpg large.jpg (116KB, 1024x391px) Image search: [Google]
Cfmar0oWIAAhKNt.jpg large.jpg
116KB, 1024x391px
>>8509275
That's just one aspect of fascism.

Try harder next time.
>>
>>8508757
Are there more of these cards?
>>
>>8509275
Beauty is all we have.
>>
>>8509302
>fascist smuglord
>posts meme of Jose Antonio

Wew lad. I'll trade Lorca for that idiot anyday.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.