[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suck at reading. Please help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 276x183px
I suck at reading.
>Go to bookstore and buy a bunch of books people said were good and looked interesting
>Brave New World, Johnny Got His Gun, Neuromancer, Hitchhiker's Guide Series, Dune series(I bought only the first 4), Otherland series
>Only have read the first book in the Dune series and loved it alot
>However I can't find the inspiration to pick up the other books I bought, not even the sequels to Dune
I read Dune like 6 months ago.

Everytime I go to read one of the books in my stack, I put it down next to me and it just sits there and I don't fucking read it. I can't find the energy or the motivation to pick it up and read it. Or I just don't feel interested enough to do it.

How do I break this curse? I genuinely want to read books but I just can't bring myself to.
>>
>>8506036
It's called willpower.

Force yourself if you really want to read. Or just forget about it
>>
>>8506036
You might enjoy short stories more than novels, for now. Ray Bradbury's Illustrated Man for something popular, Ray Chandler's shorter stories for crime. Lovecraft for horror. Philip K Dick's shorts for sci-fi (Human Is? has a good selection of them.)

This board loves large tomes of prose and neglects the short form, probably because it's not the 30s-50s anymore. But it is a worthy form.
>>
>>8506036
get tested for adhd
I'm not joking. My life changed for the better after my diagnosis
>>
try going to a coffee shop or library to read, or at least leave your phone/computer in another room when at home
>>
Kurt vonnegut's welcome to the monkey house might be good for you
>>
>>8506036
i used to have the same problem OP. every time i tried to read i would fall asleep after about 4 pages, or just start browsing 4chan.
i can attest to this anon's suggestion>>8506073
i picked up one of the lovecraft collections and started reading those. they were great cause each short story is only around 5 or 6 pages. then i read the longer stuff. now im reading about a book a week.
>>
>>8506773

This. Remove any possible distractions and make sure you have the energy (well rested, coffee, not hungry). I'd also suggest you don't read in your bed/sofa and instead sit in a comfy chair or at a desk.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.