[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel Memoir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Red-Book-.jpg (159KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Book-.jpg
159KB, 1920x800px
Hi /lit,

I had the chance to experience living in another country almost 180 degrees different than mine for a time long enough and I travelled around many different places and countries in that time. I wasn't a tourist but more like a traveler during this time. I have met with many different people and I have changed completely from the point I have started to the point I returned home and I have found myself exactly in the shoes of Frodo and ever since than I am restless.

Thus I want to turn to literature to express myself and find some rest. I want to write about my experience in an existentialist way as such that a man realizes himself through his journey. I will not go as far as to describe a man's journey to achieve an übermensch state of mind but it will include many themes of overcoming an old "weaker" self.

Are there any examples of this kind of memoir/travelling literature that I can check? I am not sure how to set the balance between the philosophical side and the traveling aspect in the text and I don't want it to become a kind of edgelord story either.

Any insights on this?
>>
please reply
>>
>>8504777
Where have you been?
>>
>>8505487
Finland
>>
Travel 'memoirs' or writings are usually shit. Travel is one of these things which can only be physically experienced by the individual.
>>
>>8505537
I agree with this. I guess I am thinking of using the physical traveling as a symbol for the personality development and change of mind.
>>
>>8505537
>>8505605
To expand, I'm quite well travelled. Of the few things I learnt:

1. Everything you learn about countries from the media is wrong.
2. 99.999% of people are exactly like you in friendliness, warmth, and outlook in life; whether they live in a Western city or in the middle of nowhere.
3. Your native country isn't as bad as you think.
>>
>>8505620
well yeah I quite agree with your points. I think I have a kind of addiction of travelling now. more I travelled more hungry I became. it's almost like an obsession for me now. everyday I visit ticket price listing sites at least ten times. sometimes checking same destinations more than once. everything I purchase I compare to how I could have spend that money on a travel budget and so on. as a rule wherever I go I get drunk with random locals that I don't know.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.