[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's going on? I said.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (132KB, 719x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
132KB, 719x1080px
What's going on? I said.
>>
>>8504283
Juan Garcia Madero wrote the whole novel. He was following his heroes and writing about them, thinking they would do something great but they ended up doing nothing particularly relevant to literature. Madero himself is an unknown, as described by the so called "expert" despite hos novel being the only relevant work on the movement.

Also, taking into account the second part starts and ends in the sane section and date, the novel is technically in chronological order.

If you place the third part before the second, you can see the evolucion of madero's proce to that what is used in the second part.

The old poet lady is a metaphor of looking for some unknown author trying to find something revolutionary and finding nothing.

The whole novel is a metaphor for unfulfilled potential.
>>
>>8504315
>The old poet lady is a metaphor of looking for some unknown author trying to find something revolutionary and finding nothing.

Have you read Amuleto?

It's Auxilio's part of the history where she was trapped inside UNAM's bathrooms during the forced occupation of the school by the military.

I don't think the Savage Detectives is about unfulfilled potential, I think it's about growing up andr ealizing that you cannot win all the battles life puts you through, you either learn from it, or you die thinking the world is plotting against you, that's why you either keep moving or wither and die.
>>
>>8504422
Have not read amuleto actually. Just SD, some of his poetry, and currently on the part of the crimes in 2666.

The reason I feel the novel is about unfullfilled potential is how the whole second part follows all the characters in their club of visceral realists and none of them ever create the literary revolution they wanted to create. Some get lost in personal life, some are tied up by economic or family problema, one is even killed before as a young man. The two who remained the most true to the literary lifestyle (lima and belano) are both unable to truly make a difference with their writing, Lima is much to caught with his personal inadequacies to produce something worthwhile and Bolano, on the other hand, is distracted too much with experiencing as much life as he can but is unable to put it into paper despite his varied life experiences. At the end he finds out he has a deadly disease and does not have the time to accuately portray what he wanted into writing. That in itself may be a metaphor of however long we live, we will still feel as if our time was never enough to reach our full potential as a person.

I feel the whole novel is BolaƱo looking back at his failure as a poet (as well as the failure of his own university club "the infrarealist" and that of his best friend, whom ulises lima is modeled after) and realizing that sometimes you don't end up doing what you dreamed you would be doing back when you were young and full of potential.

Ironically, this novel about his own personal failure as an artist was the work that ended up propelling him into international recognition in the literary world.
>>
>>8504315
>The old poet lady is a metaphor of looking for some unknown author trying to find something revolutionary and finding nothing.
How is it a metaphor if it's literally what happened
>>
>>8504539
Think about her and Archimboldi in 2666. They are reflections of looking into obscure authors that have very little written about them and hoping to find something amazing. In the fase of archimboldi, it's like finding something amazing that no one has ever heard of before. In the case of the poet, it's just the feeling that they could have done sonething great but never actually did it.
>>
>>8504567
I'm saying it's not a metaphor, it's a simple description
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.