[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we just admit that she is the best writer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: aaaaaa.jpg (20KB, 225x284px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
20KB, 225x284px
of the 20th century... I mean Songs of Solomon, Beloved

both are much more ambitious works than Ulysses ever was

not even just the 20th century...she surpasses 19th century authors like Leo Tolstoy

Tolstoy had an inferior mind and skill to Morrison, Joyce was inferior as well
>>
>>8504165
yeah sure why not.
>>
Literally who.
>>
>>8504165
Morrison is good. Song of Solomon is a little hamfisted at points, but it reads very well.

If you're going to pull Russian liturgy into this though, Tolstoy isn;t the one to do it with. not to mention that he wasn't primarily 20th century.
>>
>>8504168
have you read Songs of Solomon

its way more ambitious than Ulysses
>>
File: Trolls trolling.gif (28KB, 987x862px) Image search: [Google]
Trolls trolling.gif
28KB, 987x862px
>>
>>8504256
>>8504165
The memes never stop.
>>
File: 1446569609394.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446569609394.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
>>8504256
i dont think you're using the books the way they are intended to be used. its not just an eye exercise anon.
BRAIN SUPPOSED GET BIGGER ANON
>>
>>8504256
Why do you choose to make yourself feel so small and isolated? Why don't you find peace through bettering yourself and stop blaming others for your failures?
>>
>>8504415
I was born white and male.

I am inherently superior to about 99% of the world's population, cuck
>>
>>8504415
Stop taking the bait mongoloid
>>
>>8504165
You picked a really weird pic of gene wolfe
>>
>>8504441
i don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
is it true?
>>
>>8504165
I really dont like her writing style but the topics are pretty interesting
>>
>>8504165
she isn't bad enough for this to be good bait so it's just weird
>>
>>8504185
I mean, I love Morrison more than most, but I'm not sure if I would call it "more ambitious than Ulysses"
>>
>>8505723
It's new irony.
>>
>>8505623
And what topics are those?
>>
>>8505623
I've only read Beloved and it was awful. Then again, it was for school, and they were trying to push the "reparations must be paid for slavery" agenda so I grew sick of it. Do her other books deal with the same topic as well?
>>
>>8505723
i believe the topic originated in another thread where a hysterical woman from reddit tried to argue that women are as good as men are at writing just because morrison exists, and also claimed that nobody actually reads or likes james joyce
>>
>>8506351
As in a screencap from reddit. Because otherwise I think you need to learn the new meta.
>>
>>8506357
it doesn't take a screencap to know when someone fits in with redditors better than they fit in here
>>
>>8504185
And apparently its readership can't use apostrophes. Come on, son, you're on /lit/.
>>
>>8507110
I'm not your son; I'm my wive's son.
>>
who
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.