[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Apocalyptic literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: PostApo.jpg (284KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PostApo.jpg
284KB, 1920x1200px
I tried browsing Goodreads (god knows why), but most of their suggestions were shit.

I'm in the mood for some post apocalyptic stories, but I'm more interested in the setting than the apocalyptic event itself. I've read The Road and some other less relevant works, but never really explored the genre much.

I like the idea of a person/ground/community trying to survive in this PA world. "The Book of Eli" setting is a good example of what I'm after.

I'm going to buy "Metro 2033". Are "I am Legend", "Emergence", and "The Stand" any good? I read a lot of good things about "The Stand".

Suggestions and discussion, please.
>>
>>8503807
You are living in it. Just look at Western civilization today
>>
>>8503815

That's why I need some escapism that doubles as survival training.
>>
>>8503807
/sffg/ is where you belong.
>>
>>8503807
>I tried browsing Goodreads
My condolences good sir.

Try "Earth Abides" and "Alas Babylon" for starters.
>>
>>8503823
Eat a dick you bitch faggot is where you belong :)
>>
File: crash-cover.jpg (260KB, 791x1280px) Image search: [Google]
crash-cover.jpg
260KB, 791x1280px
>>
>>8503829
Why the insult? Anon's entirely right. But anyway, Canticle for Leibowitz and Book of Dave.
>>
>>8503878
Literally the /sffg/ is only for shitposting and /r/ing, but OP actually seems smart and earns a thread of his own.
>>
>>8503807
Well I guess 1984 might be one since it suggests at an earlier nuclear war, other than that can't really think of anything, maybe Mockingbird?
>>
Read metro 2033 a couple of years ago. Pretty nice, but nothing special
>>
Can support Canticle for Leibowitz, it's great. Also Station Eleven, although it's rather light-hearted in comparison to most other post-apoc fiction. I also like the City of Ember series, although they are obviously children/young adult books.
>>
Riddley Walker.
>>
>>8503807
I am legend is decent. writing is nothing to write home about but the story is interesting and the twist at the end is worth a kick.

The stand is weird. if you're not into Stephen King then pass IMO.

Canticle for Liebowitz has already been mentioned, definitely good.

Metro is pretty good too.

Lucifer's hammer doesn't get a lot of mention but I thought it was actually decent, given the amount of shit that litters the postapoc genre
>>
>>8504155
>>
>>8503894
If you redirect everyone with a brain away from it it'll never get any better.

Plus anon got better responses there this time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.