[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we think about alain de botton and the school of life? Hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: alain de botton.jpg (214KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
alain de botton.jpg
214KB, 1366x768px
What do we think about alain de botton and the school of life?

Hack?
>>
File: the queen.jpg (165KB, 790x556px) Image search: [Google]
the queen.jpg
165KB, 790x556px
>What do WE think

The royal we think you should form your own opinions, like a healthy free-thinking adult.

...desu~
>>
>>8501344
<implying humans dont think together

fuckn pleb
>>
>>8501360

I guess I just subscribe to the notion that groupthink is something to consciously avoid rather than embrace.
>>
>>8501337
https://samkriss.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/why-does-alain-de-botton-want-us-to-kill-our-young/
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (205KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
205KB, 650x400px
>>8501542

>Alain de Botton looks like a human being as designed by HR Giger.
>He looks weird, interstellarly weird; half Mystery Man from Lynch’s Lost Highway, half sentient rock formation.
>Does Alain de Botton fuck? Of course he doesn’t. What happens is the female of the de Botton species releases her eggs in the water, and the male comes along later and fertilises them.

:'D
>>
>>8501480
I think that too.
>>
>>8501577
>quote pic
fuck Botton, he took this sentence from DFW's This is water speech, and replaced "big SUV" with "Ferrari"
>>
File: 1454256599538.gif (2MB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
1454256599538.gif
2MB, 348x323px
>mfw he got BTFO by Caleb Crain's review
>>
I like the school of life videos for the most part. You can tell how they push an agenda in the vast majority of their videos, but at the same time the stuff they're pushing is mostly okay and does allow for some decent introspection and self-help/self-realizations/self-awareness.

wish they had some people who were knowledgable on other philosophies from different parts of the world
>>
>>8501665
That's precisely it. Plus they got me interested in eastern philosophy. You can't fault them for introducing a large audience to philosophers, artists and writers.
>>
>>8501682
Absolutely. I wish more people ("normies"/those that just go through life without thinking about a lot of things) were subscribed to them. I feel like a lot of people could benefit from their videos by getting their minds opened up if that makes sense

They're a good intro to ____ for a lot of good stuff, albeit with some cherrypicking/focusing on certain things that push their "agenda"
>>
a hack and a weak ignorant. his 'romanticism' lecture/talk was interesting however.
i avoid him and life school as i have an intuition that he's evil. it is probably his bald bead
>>
>>8501720
please explain.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.