[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So am I the only one who actually finds reading is sometimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1470147610830.jpg (121KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1470147610830.jpg
121KB, 500x475px
So am I the only one who actually finds reading is sometimes difficult and actually requires so much effort that it actually feels like your brain is physically exercising like it were a muscle or something, or does everyone else engage in reading without any struggle, but just decides arbitrarily whether or not they want to engage with what they're reading or whether or not they want to actually put in the effort to trying to understand it? Because I gotta be honest with you, reading actually wears me the fuck out sometimes, and I never appreciated the joys of light thinking activity until I started reading really heavy literature, when I put down the book and don't have to think so hard about reading it.
>>
Your brain does indeed need to exercise, like a muscle to maintain and expand it's processing power.

Doing things you struggle with is good because it means you are pushing your limits; don't see struggle as a sign that you are doing something wrong, but a sign that you are doing something right.

Do you not also find difficult tasks more satisfying to complete than easy ones?
>>
I had to stop reading in the morning because I felt sluggish for the entire day. I do it at night now and feel like I might be getting better sleep because of it
>>
>>8499997
Sometimes when I'm laying in bed reading I have to put down the book and get away from the bed because otherwise I'll feel an overwhelming urge to fall asleep, which has happened numerous times, and I am not a fan of mid day naps.
>>
>>8499901
I find reading physically hard, mostly being hunched over a book/e-reader.

Monitors are much more comfy, but LCDs not so much.
I wish there were e-ink readers with monitor stands and separate page turning buttons. Surely someone sells those?
>>
>>8500014
just sit on desk chair, put ereader on desk or table, then you can literally read comfy. If it's still uncomfortable then you really need to do some exercising m8
>>
File: forever.webm (3MB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
forever.webm
3MB, 1008x720px
>>8499901
I went a long time without finishing a physical book, maybe a year and a half or so, for various reasons, and now I have trouble even getting through twenty paragraphs without feeling exhausted, after having been, as of a few years ago, able to easily breeze through several hundred pages of philosophy and texts in Ancient Greek with good comprehension in a single sitting. It's not unlike when I was a child before I'd learned to enjoy reading actually, and I expect it to go away once I work out my eyes and my brain for a while. Just keep at it and you'll realize at some point down the line that you're reading much more effectively than you were when you made that thread a while back.
>>
>>8499999
Nice quints. Are you getting enough sleep at night?
>>
>>8499901
No. For me, reading is easier than breathing.
>>
>>8500341
Yeah, usually about 6 or 7 hours.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.