[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oriental Lit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: mishima.jpg (448KB, 721x985px) Image search: [Google]
mishima.jpg
448KB, 721x985px
Looking for some Japanese literature recommendations.
Already read most of Mishima and Murakami's work, thinking about perhaps getting into Kenzaburo Oe.
Otherwise just any general oriental recommendations.
>>
Soseki and Tanizaki
>>
Ogawa, Izumi Kyouka (dunno if he's translated)
>>
>>8499759
Soseki - Read him if you like muh individualism, social anxiety, and isolation in an industrializing world. Recommended reads are I Am a Cat, Kokoro, and if you're really interested the two thematic trilogies (of which Kokoro is a part of the late trilogy)

Dazai - Read him if you like muh suffering, muh loneliness. Recommended are The Setting Sun and No Longer Human.

Kawabata - Read him if you like muh aesthetics, beauty, and somberness at the changing of eras. Recommended reading is Snow Country, Thousand Cranes, and The Old Capital

Tanizaki - Read him if you're lewd and enjoy muh nostalgia for the past. Recommended reads include The Makioka Sisters, The Diary of a Mad Old Man, and if you want to see what the opposite of a weeaboo looks like, Naomi.

Endo - Read him if you like muh Japanese Catholicism and persecution. Recommended reads are The Silence and candal

Abe - Read him if you want a lesser version of Kafka and muh social anxiety in the postmodern era. Recommended reads are Face of Another, Woman in the Dunes, and The Ruined Map
>>
>>8500051
Oh and read Oe if you like autism.
>>
>>8500054
Honosexuality*
>>
>>8500051
>>8500017
thanks for the tips

>>8500054
>>8500107
how so
>>
>>8500107
wrong author bro
>>
>>8500112
Oe's son is an autistic savant who writes symphonies.

Some of his most famous novels consist of a main character where his son is autistic.
>>
>>8500163
oh so literal autism, not 4chan autism

I'll check the others out but apparently the changeling by oe is quite good.
>>
>>8500178
i thought changeling was ok but not great. it was a tad long for a fun but not mindblowing "twist" at the end.
>>
>>8499759
read this, Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto. Changed my life. You'll love it
>>
>>8499759
Only good Japanese author is a dead Japanese author.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.