[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he get anything right? Seems like all that arose from his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Did he get anything right? Seems like all that arose from his work was more questions, rather than answers.
>>
>>8498857
also, indirectly, the holocaust
>>
>>8465182
>>
>>8498857
>Seems like all that arose from his work was more questions, rather than answers.
that doesnt mean its wrong in the slightest
>>
>>8498857
What does getting things right mean? That's not what philosophical inquiry is always or mostly about. Nietzsche blew the roof off the cringing servility of unthinking religious dogma and pushed for transcendence into elevated critical thinking
>>
>>8498857
>all that arose from his work was more questions, rather than answers.
that's what he was setting out to do
>>
>>8498934
Well, what I mean is that much of his work wasn't definitive. If it only poses questions, how exactly does it lead to truth etc.?

>>8498957
I just don't get it. He just wanted to go, "Here you go. Do with it what you will."? Hasn't that lead to gross misinterpretations of his work? Why was he so vague on many things?

>>8498919
This thread is not for asking someone what they thought Nietzsche meant.
>>
>>8498943
Dawkins is quite clearly Nietzsche's successor.
>>
>>8499967
Dawkins personifies everything Nietzsche hated about the Anglo. He would probably have challenged him to a duel.
>>
>>8498869

Which one?
>>
>>8499567
His work was in many ways intended to be a vehicle to inspire as much as a means of communication. He wanted to really make you think. I think in EH he writes that writing for the purpose of being understood is for plebs.

Basically he wanted the leaders of the next generation (not just in politics because politics were one of the least important things to him) to read his shit, realize that the whole religion of modern ideas was a dead end, and depart from it, calling for a revaluation of all value. He does say that values are 'spooks' (social constructs in the modern parlance), but he also says that merely being a social construct doesn't make them less important or somehow invalid. He argues against bad values because of their consequential effects on the humans who adopt them, not because they aren't in alignment with some metaphysical ideal.

Unfortunately most people only take 'lol evfryting is a spook do wut u want' out of him and he 'inspires' the hypermodern ideologies of bolshevism, fascism, and 'Anarcho' capitalism.

>>8499967
Nietzsche wrote against people like Dawkins who were going after religion for all of the wrong reasons. Dawkins says he's a 'cultural Christian' and believes that most of the teachings of Christianity are 'good' for people. But he takes issue with the religion because it's not empirically true. That is the exact opposite of how Nietzsche argues, it doesn't matter if God is literally real or not (Nietzsche says in EH that he's obviously not but implies that only tards seriously fight over that peripheral point) but rather how belief in divinity and the metaphysical guide human action.
>>
>>8500193
hitler issued "thus spake zarathustra" to every soldier in the nazi army
>>
>>8498869
sounds like he got this one right then. based nietzsche.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.