[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Hotel-Nomad-Nowy-Jork.jpg (103KB, 940x585px) Image search: [Google]
Hotel-Nomad-Nowy-Jork.jpg
103KB, 940x585px
/lit/, what are the comfiest, coziest, most lovely books you've read? I'm looking to hunker down for the autumn with something precious.

I started reading The Secret History but I wasn't feeling it
>>
>>8498607
Kill yourself
>>
>>8498609
why the salt m8?
>>
>>
>>8498615
"Comfy" is a meme word for infantilization
>>
In all honesty, probably the books you read growing up and still have a soft spot for even after re-reading.

Wind in the Willows and Winnie the Pooh are my picks. They're heartwarming choices where nothing much is going on except the characters, their interactions and their own isolated world.
>>
>>8498628
Is prousT infanTilization? In search Of losT Time Is comfy
>>
>>8498644
>ITTIOTTI

I don't get it.
>>
>>8498644
Yes, you're intellectually dead if you're not actively looking towards what provokes and disturbs you
>>
>>8498658
Hey, that's not a secret code I'm trying to signal to a friend. Ignore it.
>>
>>8498607
In Search of Lost Time is the epitome of comfy, and a suggestion you'll get in this thread every time.

Alternatively, I'm reading If On a Winter's Night a Traveler right now, and it's pretty comfy.
>>
Norwegian wood is seriously comfy
>>
File: 750407.jpg (53KB, 281x450px) Image search: [Google]
750407.jpg
53KB, 281x450px
This one is my favourite 'comfy' book. The story of a man living on Guernsey.
The Long Ships is also a comfortable read, and especially so if you are interested in Vikings.
The Magic Mountain is also generally considered 'comfy' and is definitely worth reading.
>>
>>8498607
My diary, desu
>>
>>8498663
Er ruhen im friendesland
>>
2001 space Odyssey. The first part at least
>>
Pretty much any Henry James boom. Faulkner once called him "a nice old lady."
>>
>>8498607
Hamsun's Growth of the Soil
And once you're done with that and don't want comfy, read his former meme book, Hunger.
>>
>>8498607
There are probably thousands of comfy threads that have been made. Fuck off, use the goddamn archive.
>>
>>8500546
Make me!
>>
File: image.jpg (415KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415KB, 800x1200px
I don't read a lot of comfy stuff, but when I do, I read about a handsome monkey king kicking the shit out of the Taoist pantheon in the first seven chapters. And then there's fun adventures.

You could do worse, is what I'm saying.
>>
File: narcissus and goldmund.jpg (252KB, 432x672px) Image search: [Google]
narcissus and goldmund.jpg
252KB, 432x672px
this is the comfiest thing ever. I can't tell how chill and nice I felt everytime after finishing a chapter. really mellow and nice.

also might be very influential to your personal life.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.