[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for an old read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

/lit/ I need your help

I am looking for an book I read in high school. I can't remember the author or the title. I've tried Google and I can't its so run of the mill that I can't find any references to it. It was a pleb-tier high fantasy novel that contained the following:

>Setting was a large kingdom in decline
>Kingdom is threatened by a old undead emperor
>Undead emperor is shown in a flashback attempting to "sink" the capital city via a powerful wizard
>wizard is offered crown jewels to sink the city, but refuses
>Main character is the son of a local noble
>His home province is ransacked by an undead army led by the undead emperor
>he journeys to capital city to get help
>capital sends a group of soldiers to help (the Black Wyvern Company)
>Soldiers basically ransack the provincial castle, kill the main character's father
>Main character kills the Black Wyvern leader in a struggle
>Main character now known as the "Traitor Duke"
>meets wizard
>wizard offers him a lizard army
>main character gets the "Sun Sword", some ancient magical sword
>gets lizard army
>marches on capital city
>takes over defenses and defeats undead army
>defeats undead emperor in single combat
>wizard confiscates Sun Sword and throws it into some random empty cave or something

I know I'm pretty sketchy on the details, but I can't remember any of the important things that normally help identify books. Anyone know what book I'm referring to?

Pic not related.
>>
>>8498198
sounds like shit, better forget about it.
>>
>>8498204
I'm after it for more nostalgic reasons than any burning desire to read it again. I seem to remember it being part of a trilogy or a series, and I wanted to see if the other parts of the series were any good.
>>
>>8498234
The Broken Crown maybe?
>>
>>8498242
That series keeps coming up in my searches, but I can't find any similarities besides containing the phrase "Sun Sword". None of the entries in Broken Crown match what I remember.
>>
>>8498198
I think I know the book you're talking about. The author's first name was Hugh if I recall correctly. Hugh M... Mu... Mung
>>
>>8498565
I think you're referring to Sir Hugh Mungus
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.