[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book did you have the most fun reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: faust-690762.jpg (38KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
faust-690762.jpg
38KB, 309x475px
What book did you have the most fun reading?
>>
siddhartha desu senpai
>>
>>8495941
did you have a lot of previous knowledge?
>>
Catch 22
>>
The Monk by Matthew Lewis
>>
File: Her.jpg (123KB, 704x1120px)
Her.jpg
123KB, 704x1120px
>>8495941
Her by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
>>
Best buk
>>
>>8495941
Candide by Voltaire.
>>
Mason & Dixon

Not even memeing
>>
Neuromancer
>>
Gravity's rainbow
>>
>>8497122
Imo it loses steam about 2/3rds of the way through. Nice cover though
>>
>>8497177
I kept getting the feeling that I understood the formula that he was now adhering to and then he kept throwing curve balls. Most fun I've ever had with a book.
>>
File: 51wyCIwmRxL.jpg (37KB, 323x500px)
51wyCIwmRxL.jpg
37KB, 323x500px
Certainly The Bald Soprano, and The Lesson.
I couldn't read it again in public, with the tears running down my face.
Absurdism at its finest. Like a Kafka who would have completely freed the humor drive.
>>
>>8495941
patrician taste OP
>>
>>8497309
btw, there's a stage theater in Paris that has been playing the Bald Soprano twice a day for like, 40 years, continuously.
>>
Ulysses
>>
>>8495941
what's the best translation of OP?
>>
>>8497322
I read the French translation by GĂ©rard de Nerval, which Goethe himself thought to be as good as the original one. So if you can read French, pick that one. I can't really help you otherwise.

>>8496692
About Faust? We had studied it in a German class a few years before but I had forgotten most of what I knew about it when I started reading it, so I pretty much knew nothing besides a vague recollection of the plot.
>>
>>8495941
JR or A Void
>>
File: 1470610614293.jpg (69KB, 504x470px)
1470610614293.jpg
69KB, 504x470px
>>8497122
I like you already
>>
>>8497122
Very fun book. It's really a joy to read. The plot is so wacky and it escalates at the perfect pace.

Not my favorite book, but wrote possibly the one I had the most fun with. Calvino is a top jokester. Invisible Cities is great also.
>>
>>8495941
Faust is in my top list as well. Can't help but smile when you get a glimpse of the sheer ingenuity.
Thus Spoke Zarathustra was more "fun" for me, I'd say though.
>>
>>8495941
fun in the real sense of the word? probably a bunch of comedies written by my country's native writers. they're done in the same style as Moliere's comedies, but have that domestic feel to them.
also, Anna Karenina because it was the first mature 'adult' novel i read back when i was 13, and one of the first books that really impressed me. it was mainly because of Lenin desu, i thought he was the most relatable character and was intrigued by his story.
>>
>>8496880
Mah nigga
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.