[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You fuckers made my fall for a meme again. I hate the lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: VollmannEuropeBook.jpg (34KB, 411x600px) Image search: [Google]
VollmannEuropeBook.jpg
34KB, 411x600px
You fuckers made my fall for a meme again.
I hate the lot of you, you promised me some hot crossdressing sexual intercourse but is only boring german talk about potatoes.
>>
The fuck? If you want whore shit read his prostitute books, not his historical works. Also Europe Central is amazing, you're a fucking pleb.
>>
>>8495288
>i am gonna defend my meme author despite being proven that is trash
>>
File: 1471316780293.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471316780293.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>8495388
>meme author
Vollmann is the 20th century's Pynchon.
>>
>>8495422
Pynchon is the 20th century's Pynchon you dunce.
>>
>>8495430
Pynchon is the more modern of the two authors.
>>
>>8495388
all you proved was that your brain hasn't developed enough to comprehend Vollman's most accessible work. I'd hate to see you attempt the Seven Dreams series
>>
>>8495457
>series
only meme genre fiction pleb authors write series.
>>
>>8495192
no one meme'd you into shit. no one ever posts about vollmann yout fucking faggot.
>>
>>8495192
Te pasa por puto, ameo.
>>
>>8495192
You should probably kill yourself intentionally before you make someone do it accidentally
>>
>>8495588
really?
Jon Dos Passos, Javier Marias, John Updike, Phillip Roth, Elie Wiesel, Willa Cather, Frank Norris, JG Farrell, Anthony Powell, Gunther Grass, and Lawrence Durrell must all be meme genre fiction pleb authors.

you do realize a series doesn't necessarily have to be a continuous story like shitty scifi. They can be independent works.
>>
>>8495388
You didn't prove a thing, bucko.
>>
>>8495192
Just read Burroughs if you want weird sex shit.
>>
>>8495694
yes they are
>>
>>8495288
Do you have a whore shit reccomendation?
>>
>>8495694
Really at this point, the kind of books those authors write might as well be considered genre fiction. They're just as formulaic as sci-fi and fantasy, but they get a free pass because they can put 'literary' in front of their fiction.
>>
>>8495694
Only Dos Passos and Norris are salvageable. The rest are trash, either in form or function (or both).
>>
>>8495780
The Royal Family
>>
>>8495780
>>8495823
What this guy said. Whores for Gloria if you want young, less polished Vollmann.
>>
>>8495870
>>8495823
Cheers mates
>>
>Vollmann

Tryhard wannabe Pynchon.
>>
>>8495192
>hot crossdressing sexual intercourse
Stop being a pervert.
>>
>>8496027
Not even close
>>
>>8495807
>>8495783
I don't know how you can say Dos Passos and Grass at the very least are trash much less genre fiction
>>
>>8496236
tell that to vollman
http://www.myhusbandbetty.com/2013/11/14/william-t-vollman-crossdresser/
>>
>>8495588
It's a series thematically but not as far as plot, character, etc. The Seven Dreams are about European dealings with Native Americans and the destruction that follows.
For instance, the first book, The Ice-Shirt, is about Icelanders colonizing Greenland and shortly living on Vineland (the exact area is disagreed upon, most likely New Jersey) and northern Canada. (An interesting fact is that during the 1400's, around then I believe, there was a major climate shift - Greenland went from being kind of shitty for farming but not terribly cold to the inhospitable tundra it is today. It happened to be (super approximately) around the same time the Icelanders went to Greenland and America - Vollmann claims they brought ice with them).
Fathers and Crows, book two, is about French Jesuits going to Canada and their dealings with the Iroquois. So similar but not a plot-based continuation.
>>
>>8495192
Yeah, Vollmann is absolute trash. I'd rather read a Tao Lin novel.
>>
>>8497040
Trash opinion, Tao.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.