[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greentext the plot of your new novel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: Lolita_WEB.jpg (47KB, 585x391px)
Lolita_WEB.jpg
47KB, 585x391px
It's not like it's going anywhere
>>
>anthology of short stories
>theme is spys, thieves, warlocks, and dreams
>>
>summer, 1864, American Civil War
>the devil sings in treble
>destruction springs to His mind
>winter, a nuclear kind of season
>sprinkling of salt, pepper, honey
>brothers baptized medium-rare
>I eat boys up, you better get runnin'
>no reason
>>
>a guy waits near a bus stop and watches for people who get off at the same time every day
>when he finds a suitable person, he approaches them and begins small talk
>if they hit it off, he continues to talk to them every day, pretending to be someone who works nearby
>over time, he convinces them that their lives are utterly worthless
>when the time is right, he lures them to a secluded area and ritualistically murders them by duct taping them to a wall and slashing their throat
>when the deed is done, he moves on to another bus stop and the cycle repeats
>he does it because he wants to commit suicide, but can't build up the courage
>>
>>8495053
>be me, Zioquelar Ptospherdax
>15 years old
>chosen one
>must unite the forces of Valiquor against the Behoyomites of the evil East
>discover my powers
>lead an army to the gates of the evil fortress Yeekoban
>duel the evil king Kithestarion
>restore peace to the kingdom of Ezzedenal
>>
>man is forced by family to start getting out more and stop sitting on his computer all day
>dies of heart break
>his fat neckbeard friend from the internet goes to his funeral that has very few people attending
>buys his dead friends computer
>finds a checkers app on it
>plays it and wins a few games
>notifies him he is winning real life money
>notices his total winnings are around three million dollars
>realizes his friends credit card must be attached to this account
>goes back to his friends parents house
>finds out they burned all his posessions because it said to do so in his will
>always updated his will, just in case he should die any day
>he had spoke of his norse heritage, and about how he wants to be burned to ashes like his ancestors
>but the internet friend was at the funeral?
>the family buried him anyways
>sold his stuff, burned what wasn't wanted because it was taking up space and making the house stink and the son gave them a good idea with the whole burning thing
>notices a picture in a box that says "to be burned"
>it's a framed picture from ComicCon 2013 of his friend cosplaying as Sailor Moon or something
>notices a striking resemblance to himself
>pockets the picture
>the family admires the man for being such a good friend to their son
>the man seems to have a decent relationship with the family, so he asks to stay the night
>brought his dead friends computer
>stays in his dead friends room
>hatches a plan to become his dead friend so that he can register a credit card under his name and get all the cash earnings from the online checkers game

idk what else to type at this point
I like the idea of writing something around a loser who sits around on his computer all day, go figure
also just watched a Charlie Kaufman film, even though this isn't even like a Charlie Kaufman script
>>
cumquack
>>
>>8495262
devilish
>>
>be black
> Living in United States.
>>
>>8495137
You realise 4chan is 18+
Underage fag
>>
>young girl is in arranged marriage
>father of her new husband funds her tuition to a school of magic
>she is shit at magic
>gets a cut on her finger and tries to practice magic
>discovers she has a rare and taboo blood magic called hemomancy
>king wants too ban magic
>she demonstrates tat magic-even hemomancy can be used for good
>gets chased into the woods, draws her own blood, hits a vein and passes out
>>
Posted this a few times before but thought I met get some ideas on it:

>early 1950s
>an Italian journalist at an inconsequential newspaper based mainly out of Ravenna is sent out to write a "scathing" article that's essentially a throwaway about the possible imperialist issues in Turkey, as revenge for anti-Italy sentiments in Nazim Hikmet's Letters To Tarantu Babu, a collection of poems published about 15 years prior and now mostly irrelevant
>his friend, a poet now living in Rome, tags along for qualia and change of setting in a vain attempt to get some good writing down in an epic he is writing
>the two travel through the rural, urban, and governmental life of turkey, and a nearly magical realist storyline is shaped both from the emotions/perceptions of the characters, as well as the warpings of reality in the accounts of events in the interviews and the dialogues
>they're basically interviewing senile or biased people, whose stories take up whole episodes of the book and form several Marquez-esque plot lines beneath
>whole novel is based on subjectivity of history and the increasing divides of academia/government from practical life, as well as "loss in translation"
>but wait
>its entire structure is based off of the divine comedy, like Ulysses did with The Odyssey

>>8496802
Kek

>>8495105
This could work but you would have to be tasteful about it
>>
>black junkie achieves the Grand Oeuvre in late 90's France
>becomes a guru with his level of enlightenment
>attains godhood
>early 2020's, journalist gathers testimonies of people who've lived under the yoke of the Sorcerer King.
>>
>>8496816
Thanks, I'll steal that plot into one of the fictional novels featured in my novel :^)
>>
>>8495105
Seems great, but the ritual is shit. Try to come up with something more elaborate.
>>
>>8496822
N-n-no pls donut steal
>>
>>8496816
>kek
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>8496832
I thought the ending was oddly funny for some reason
It's supposed to be this hopeful wizard story and then she just fucking hits a vein

If it wasn't meant to be comical I'm sorry but it just was funny to me
>>
>man is a contract killer who only helps people kill themselves
>falls in love with someone who hires his service
>>
>>8496835
I'm still working on it. Thanks for the feedback
>>
>>8496843
Overall it has potential, if you could make the whole thing darkly comical or morbid (but still with the same spirit), it'd be interesting if nothing else
>>
>>8495053
>post-apocalyptic, small kingdom with middle eastern culture
>mathematician in the court of the sultan sent out with a misfit expedition to other civilisations to retrieve knowledge/artefacts
>including a hundred soldiers, a poet, a linguist and a child prophetess
>enslaved by mongols (surviving for hundreds of years on submarines)
>they discover lost books, go home
>rest of novel concerns them trying to decode everything
>
>>
>girl in a rustic Medieval town is a half-giant born to a family of executioners
>she slays a beast that lives in the woods and receives acclaim
>the local noble tries to seduce her at a celebration in her honour, she nearly kills him
>fleeing, she runs into the woods and becomes an outlaw
>tries to puzzle out the meaning of her bizarre existence while traveling with a group of mercenaries
>magical shit and Medieval violence with swords as a backdrop to a story of religious discovery
>>
>>8496874
>>8496879
These both sound really interesting; what sort of lost books are you thinking? And what kind of religion?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 460x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 460x320px
>Extremely attractive Man goes to a club every weekend with the intention of raping women
>Every woman he tries to rape ends up willingly having sex with him since he's so attractive
>He is desperate to rape
>Grooms a young boy online and arranges a meet-up to rape him
>Rapes him and hands himself in to the police
>NAMBLA hears of his case and decides to get him a lawyer and advocate for his innocence
>The story ends with the man being found innocent on all charges (despite pleading guilty) and man-boy marriages being made legal in what the liberal media describes as the 'civil rights case of the century'
>>
>>8496923
Thanks! The religion is based off of Catholicism, which I've dabbled with, and my girlfriend is an ex-Catholic from an abusive family, so I'm fascinated by it and I'd like to try to write about the contours of a person's faith in a surreal pseudo-fantasy sort of setting (which so far is loosely Medieval France with monsters).
>>
So is it the lack of good ideas, forced to surface from passionate experience, that makes you presently suck? (All)
>>
>kid shovels shit in rural town all day
>one night a meteor falls
>cattle dies, huge fire
>mysterious circumstances
>he keeps shoveling shit
>le mysterious girl appears one day
>slowburning love
>multiple companies interested in meteor case
>boy finds out girl is an alien from the crash
>shock
>love love love
>truth is revealed
>horseback chase, etc
>girl goes space
>a while later, boy watches sky, wishing upon a falling star

It's a really meritless romantic crapshoot, basicall young adult/c-o-a Song of Saya. I'll never write it, so if there's any chance for amazon bucks, please take.
>>
>A man accidentally kills a schoolboy and injures several others by colliding into a school bus
>He is pardoned from prosecution, but he finds he can't live like he did before the accident
>He looses the ability to find joy in anything and abandons his job as a truck driver, which he took up as a last resort
>Wanting to give some meaning to his life, he enlists in the army to die in the war
>time skip
>As an infantryman, he chooses not to fire directly at his enemies but above them. He does do all he can to help others though
>Is awarded for bravery for selflessly recovering a wounded soldier who became a good friend
>One day his squad is out scouting a city after an air strike
>There is an ambush, and the squad is pinned in a ruined building by machine gun fire
>The man has a clear shot at the gunner, but can't pull the trigger
>His friend curses at him for his uselessness and jumps up from cover to fire back, but is shot and killed right there
>The man runs away, escapes the city, and deserts the army
>As he wanders the ruined landscape, he questions why he is always the one to survive while others die because of him
>He feels he should have died in the crash, and also on the battlefield

Feedback? This is as far as I have written, I haven't thought of an ending yet
>>
>>8496802
I love this idea. Do you actually plan to write it?
>>
>>8497666
>I haven't thought of an ending yet
Do people really do this? How can you write anything tight without foreseeing anything? What of foreshadowing, recurring themes, and so on? Genuinely interested.
>>
>>8497693
editing
>>
>Humanity has become a multi-planet civilization.
>Civil war has broken out between the galactic government and a rebellion.
>War has gone on long enough that civilians just want it to end.
>Government creates an advanced AI (the main character) that can think freely, which is unprecedented, and gives it control over warships.
>It has been designed to function with a thought pattern modeled after a human, and as such, it can understand humans better than any other AI
>The AI changes the war from a stalemate to a steady stream of victories for the government.
>AI is quickly given Direct control of the government's fleets and the AI also creates unmanned land units as well.
>Just after decisive victories happen, which cripple the rebellion, the leaders of the of the rebellion sabotage the AI causing it to go berserk as a last "Fuck you" to the government.
>AI and it's warships destroy the planet the rebellion leaders were on and kills millions of other humans on other nearby planets.
>Government wrests control of the warships back from the AI but it still controls the hundred ships closest to the command ship it's installed on.
>For a full year the AI battles the government before suddenly being freed from the sabotage.
>AI is horrified by what it has done and tries to retreat.
>Government, deathly afraid of the being of destruction, sends attack fleets led by heavily restricted AI with the task of destroying it.
>Main AI easily avoids/destroys the attack fleets and deletes the other AI after failing to talk/reason with them.
>AI retreats into deep space in order to avoid being found
>In deep space the AI picks up a distress call from a planet.
>There is no record of a populated planet in the region.
>AI does reconnaissance and discovers a planet that was colonized by rebellion forces after the war had begun.
>The planet had seemed fine to colonize but about 8 years after colonization a unique "metal dust" storm begun just outside the planets atmosphere which made living conditions harsh and had jammed trans-planetary communication. In addition, any crew inside the a ship going through it would become deathly sick and die in a few weeks.
>AI sends a few ships to the planet to make itself known.
>As soon as the ships land the people of the planet surrender as the ships still bear the symbols of the government.
>AI decides to impersonate the government, accepts their surrender and distributes supplies that were on his ships.
>People are confused by the ships not having people on board but are too happy to see the supplies to care.
>AI begins to research the dust, as well as convert some of his ships into mining ships.
>His ships are able to leave the planet since they are no longer manned. they go to gather resources from other planets.
>Leaders of the people begin to question why there are no crew on his ships
should I continue greentexting?
>>
>>8497760
So you write a first draft then you entangle the different themes and motifs retroactively? Seems like a lot of work going to waste. I also get the feeling that if I rearrange too much afterward, I lose the sense of unity. How do you deal with that?
>>
>>8495053
>literally, Jaws but with ghostbusters
>Town obsessed with ghost stories and a halloween festival
>Ghost rumored to be ACTUALLY haunting the old Baker Mansion
>Sheriff at first discounts it, thinks the ghost busting (just called hunting int the story) fad was a hoax drummed up in the eighties
>The local retired ghostbuster advises otherwise
>A group of teenagers visit the mansion on a dare/cause they're shitheads
>Ghost does exist and has taken/killed most of the teens except one
>Teen and sheriff team up with the retired ghost buster to stop the ghost

In universe, in the late eighties an Egon like man patented ghost hunting technology and licensed it to different businesses. The ghostbusters movie was just one of a bunch of different cultural things that came out as a product to capitalize on the new career. Ghost busters were treated like rock stars and celebrities (it's a dangerous job) until some accident that accidentally killed people without a ghost to show for it.

It also is meant to hint towards other horror stuff, but meh. It's for fun because I spent a lot of time writing something personal that went nowhere. I got the idea watching Quint's speech and just imagining a ghostbuster taken seriously, describing what it's like to kill a ghost (the religious implications) and what it's like to lose team mates for the sake of money.
>>
>25 year old guy choloforms and kidnaps a 9 year old girl off the street on her way home from school
>She wakes up with her hands in handcuffs, crying insufferably
>She talks about how all she wants to do is go home
>The man listens to everything she says, but as caringly as he can, he says she can't leave until she beats him at a game of chess
>After the girl calms down, he prepares a dinner for her, the kind her mom would make, just to she'll feel better
>She has to have sex with him before she goes to bed, but when they're done, she gets her handcuffs taken off and she gets a comfy bed to sleep in
>As the days go on, the man becomes more and more friendly, and the girl warms up to him more and more
>He prepares food for her that she loves
>He plays games with her
>He watches cartoons with her
>Eventually, the girl starts to enjoy having sex with him
>She even tells him that she loves him
>Eventually, though, as they're playing a game of chess (just for fun), the girl beats him, leaving the both of them in complete shock
>The girl says she doesn't want to leave, but the man, upon falling in love with this girl just as much as she's fallen in love with him, tells her that her family misses her and will be so happy to have her back
>"You miss them, don't you?"
>"Not as much as I miss you right now!"
>Eventually, though, he gives her another chloroform rag, drops her back where he found her, and then returns to his home to kill himself
>>
>>8497919
Interesting. How is the relation depicted? Does the girl suffer from Stockholm syndrom? Is the first intercourse a rape? If not, how do you explain it?
How it is not a lolicon fantasy self-insert?
>>
File: 1464992894062.png (980KB, 3036x4108px) Image search: [Google]
1464992894062.png
980KB, 3036x4108px
>>8497938
>Implying it isn't
But anyway, it's depicted as the nicest kidnapper ever whose motives are purely for sex. Think of Stockholm Syndrome to the point of loving and depending on this man moreso than her parents. The first intercourse in not consensual, but over time, it becomes consensual.
>>
>>8498012
Let me amend one part: it starts out purely for sex, then becomes something romantic, maybe even to the point where he takes her out on dates.
>>
>>8497919
What are you gonna do if your mom finds the drafts for this?
>>
>>8498030
You mean the cops? :) Hang myself.
>>
I'm writing a kids book based off of a bunch of weird stories my grandfather used to tell me when I was a kid

>In 1949, He was a counselor at a boys camp on Katalina Island.
>In the mountains of the island in the darkest part of the forest lived the two evilist nastiest old men the world had ever known, Scorpido and Puddy Face
>Scorpido had a hook for a hand a wooden leg an eye patch and seemed to be missing one of almost every body part.
>Puddy Faces face was all melted and deformed like it was made out of Silly Puddy
>They hated little boys, and would often come down and play really nasty pranks on the kids and camp counsellors

I loved those stories when I was a kid. I want to share them with other people.
>>
>>8495053
>I liked these threads better when they had pictures of chinks
>>
>>8495071
How do dreams come into it? Tell me more.

>>8495262
I like it. You've added in the "neckbeard" angle well.

>>8496802
Write it.
>>
>>8498098
It sounds kinda cool
You should try and do something with it anon
>>
>>8496535
>3 pages of "hey nigga sup mah nigga"
>2 pages of watermelon and KFC
>3 pages stealing from store and running from cops
>few paragraphs getting shot
>500 pages of "he dindu nuffin""
Good book.
>>
>>8495105
Interesting start, ritualistic murders are rubbish though
>>
>>8496977
this is amazing
>>
>>8495053
>man walks for a long time
>man stops walking
>man shoots bad people
>man shoots self
>>
>>8498400
isnt that basically 'Falling Down'?
>>
>>8497787
What do you mean a lot of work going to waste?

First draft can be a discovery of themes. I find I come out with a better united story in the second draft, but it can get convoluted and lost if you let it. Committing to an ending is valuable, but it can also be restrictive. What if the story you end up writing doesn't lead to the ending you had in mind? What has worked best for me so far is just having some information about the ending, maybe a significant plot point that is thematically consistent, and then building around/to it without having to graft the story to it.
>>
>>8497868
could be fun, write it
>>8497919
there are better ways to deal with those urges, try some therapy
>>
>>8498430
no. it's set in a forest.
>>
>>8498108
The last time I posted one of these threads with a scantily clad chink the pic got deleted
>>
>>8498499
It feels like you are carving a stone block, as you precise your text through editing. I prefer it to gush out like a spring, but to each his own. Now that you've detailed your method, it does sound interesting also.
>>
>>8499258
>I prefer it to gush out like a spring

The problem is, most people who try this only end up with a pointless flood.
>>
>>8499482
Not if you plan ahead? But I see your point and you are most likely to be right, generally speaking.

I've always been a lazy, unprepared type of person, but planning a book comes out as necessarily and easily to me.

After I planned out everything, I write down scene after scene with some editing once it's completed.
>>
>>8499499
>After I planned out everything, I write down scene after scene with some editing once it's completed.

Well, that's not a gushing spring, but more like a tidy river then?
>>
>>8499505
Indeed, but I meant it regarding each and every scene (3-8 pages for me), which I always write out in one stroke.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.