[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm in search of medieval literature, preferably stuff having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: god speed.jpg (182KB, 800x1102px)
god speed.jpg
182KB, 800x1102px
i'm in search of medieval literature, preferably stuff having to do with knights like sir gawain and the green knight and other chivalric romances. what are the best editions and best collections? what's some stuff i probably haven't heard about?

thanks.
>>
Look in the archive, we have these threads at least once a week.
>>
>>8490875
where's the archive?
>>
The faerie queens is a bit later but awesome, also Check Ariosto and Tasso
>>
>>8490845
Froissart's chronicles. It's an account of more and less than the Hundred Years' War written by a French Knight. Full of deeds of arms and chivalry, and the English translation is a delight to read.
>>
>>8490946
This is really cool. I got a book with Ariosto's plays and Tasso's Jerusalem Delivered about a week ago. But aren't they Renaissance writers rather than Medieval.

Is it ok to consider the Renaissance as part of the late Medieval Era? It feels more like a transitional period.

Also, really interested in the topic.
>>
>>8490845
If for any reason you haven't yet heard of Chretien de Troye's round table stories, then that

>>8492443
Early Renaissance and late Medieval are the same thiing
>>
File: medieval lit.jpg (271KB, 1200x1161px) Image search: [Google]
medieval lit.jpg
271KB, 1200x1161px
>>8490845
>>
>>8490845
Ivanhoe is pretty cool.
>>
Fairy queen is great. Also, if you can find it, Sir Orfeo - it's a Middle English lay retelling the Greek myth of Orpheus, but with knights and badass Celtic fairies
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.