[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hamilton the greatest play of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: aaaaaa.jpg (896KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
896KB, 1200x628px
has it surpassed plays like Death of a Salesman
>>
No.
>>
Minstrel show for SWPLs
>>
Hamilton hate thread?

Fucking thing sucks.
>>
Haven't seen it, but The Book of Mormon was great.
>>
>>8487903
It's like the Vagina Momologues for cucks with white guilt
>>
>he's never heard of patrick hamilton
>he wants to talk about plays
i hope you drown.
>>
File: biggest-nose.jpg (22KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
biggest-nose.jpg
22KB, 600x395px
>>8487903
No.

All of act one's characterization of Hamilton as a 'make-this-moment-last' polymath is thrown in the trash the second he 'falls in love' and assumes filial obligations. If that ever mattered to him, or ever would matter to him, Lin-Manuel should have put aspect of him earlier; it would have made him a more interesting character to boot in balancing his will to ascension with romance and a family.

This musical is overly self important, and almost everyone can see it. There's a scene where Hamilton actually compares himself to Macbeth. Look at Miranda's pinned tweet: https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel
uuuughhh....

Aaron Burr and Angelica Schuyler were the best characters by far, but they're nothing compared to what they could have been. Besides the shit characterizations, I really dig Miranda's music and lyrics. They could sing about anything, and the music would still be kickass. The best thing he did was have the war buddy actors from act 1 become his political enemies in act 2.
>>
>>8487903
That design is so shitty and unprofessional, how were so many people taken in by this trash?
>>
>>8487903
What no

I love the show but it is NOT a great play by any means
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.