[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Diary Desu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hawthorne-sophia.jpg (31KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
hawthorne-sophia.jpg
31KB, 400x325px
Do any of you actually keep a diary? Why? Do you get enjoyment out of it?

I think if you're keeping a diary you should either do it as practice or because your prose is so fucking beautiful that reading it back causes you to without hesitation. Otherwise I don't see much point to it.

Any /lit/ diaries?
>>
>>8485329
No need to be embarrassed Anon
>>
I love the look of old notebooks and journals, but it seems like they're not made like they used to be. It all ends up being faux leather fuck-huge dollar store wizard tomes, or Moleskine and their clones, which are fucking overpriced Chinese black fucking notebooks. Anyone know of notebooks or journals that don't suck?
>>
>>8485376
I've been using Rhodia's paper because the neutral pH lets fountain pen dry faster and it doesn't bleed on the next page. The construction isn't bad, but I've always though Kukuyo feels better to write on.

Just experiment with shit.
>>
I keep one but it's not daily. For a while it was. Now my days are even more boring and my thoughts aren't worth wasting ink.
>>
>>8485376
they still make them but you can only get them in speciality places that sell things that have gone out of fashion to rip off rich people at exorbitant prices
a journal as in op might set you back 50-200 or more
>>
>>8485326
I write every 1-2 day on my computer. I've thought of keeping a physical one but it took too much time and I couldn't write as much as I wanted.

Of course I love doing it.
>>
I thought the practice of keeping a diary was to organize your own thoughts.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (210KB, 1347x969px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
210KB, 1347x969px
I don't keep a traditional diary, but I do keep a collection of my own writing. I totally recommend it to everyone.

It's so fun to read what I've collected after some years, especially the few things that I have from before I became an adult. The pre-adult stuff is so interesting because it's basically the memories of people who are long dead. Legally, they were all me, but my brain was changing non-stop back then, so, really, I was a completely different person from one year to the next.

Post-adult stuff is alright, but it's not as exciting, cuz I'll be reading 5 year old entries that have the same content as thoughts I had last week.

Anyway, let me share a /lit/ related entry. A few weeks ago I greentexted the beginning of a story about a drifter, settlers, a commander, and a mayor. Well, that story is from 2012, and in 2013 I wrote some spoilers about it for a multicultural photography class.
>>
Only did dream diaries back then. I read it can help a person remember more of their dreams and, if they get good enough, eventually get easier into lucid state of dreaming. Our maid found my dream diary, destroyed its lock and ripped my writings.

>>8485473
Yeah, it is. Its to organize your thoughts and keep notes on the errors you've made so you can avoid doing them next time. Atleast that's what I have read on what "rich and successful businessmen" do with theirs.
>>
>>8485329
>tfw incestual dreams
do not want
>>
If you don't have anything interesting to say, then don't write

/thread
>>
>>8485757
apparently you do want
>>
>>8485791
This.

I keep notes since I was 17 and I'm now 25. It's something that I do only if I feel the need to pinpoint a concept for my future me. Sometimes I write daily, sometimes I dont write for months
>>
>>8485754
>Our maid found my dream diary, destroyed its lock and ripped my writings.
What the fuck? Why do you employ psychopaths?
>>
>>8485825
yeah dude wtf
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.