[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've given up hope hold me /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

i've given up hope
hold me /lit/
>>
Like, I bad mouth Martin as much as anyone here, but I desperately want closure to this decent pulp but not particularly profound series.
>>
>>8484194
tfw it will probably be 2018 before its released. And then 2029 until A Dream of Spring.
>>
I'm getting pretty fucking depressed over this, too. It may sound silly, but this series is the reason I start reading so much. I was like, "wow, can I really derive this much pleasure from reading? It's better than watching a television series!" I'm afraid that he'll die before completing the series, and leave the writers of the show the rights to complete the series.
>>
>>8485124
He told them how it's suppose to end
the show will spoil the last book
>>
>>8484194
Amazon accidentally released the expected date March 2017 yesterday, and took it down shortly thereafter, but it explains why the next season has been pushed to summer, so I believe it.
>>
Good, it's now that you move on.
>>
File: ql7lo5v.png (639KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ql7lo5v.png
639KB, 1680x1050px
eh, i don't really care, never cared too much about the characters themselves and the plot is already ruined by having read too many internet theories, nothing will really surprise me when it happens

now that i think about it, the plot may have been ruined to begin with by spreading the characters too thin around the world, anything that's not like 5 more books to tie all loose ends will feel either rushed and forced or just as unsatisfying as if no more books are written
>>
>>8486399
Scientist Man
>>
Let the man enjoy his wealth. He deserves it.
>>
>>8486321
>expected date March 2017
>Martin
>expected date
>being ready

Pick none. He's Douglas Adams reincarnated in a fat fantasy writer.
>>
Don't worry, I'm sure Brandon Sanderson will finish it someday.
>>
>>8485317
They've diverged from the original story so much already that even when they hit the same plot points (X becomes king, Y kills Z, etc.) it will feel fresh coming from GRRM. It's the destination, not the journey~~
>>8486321
This was apparently just them reserving the ISBN or something like that. If it were legit you'd know it.
>>8486399
>the plot is already ruined by having read too many internet theories, nothing will really surprise me when it happens
Oh, sweet summer child... 90% of internet theories are absolute crackpot tin foil that would never happen. If there's one thing we can all agree GRRM's good at, it's engaging and unpredictable plot.
>tie all loose ends
He's already said there will be no new POV characters (except prologue/epilogue I'm guessing), so the number of characters is only going to wind down from here.
>>8488259
That is the scariest possibility of all.
>>
>>8488259
If GRRM dies, HBO probably inherits the rights to everything and will put out a horrible novelization of the final series in place of the 7th book.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.