[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna get into reading books in English. What are some easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Oldmansea.jpg (31KB, 200x292px) Image search: [Google]
Oldmansea.jpg
31KB, 200x292px
I wanna get into reading books in English. What are some easy to read books for starter? Will I ever be able to read great works of literature in English?
>>
>>8480818
English is the easiest language on the planet.

Read literally anything that you think you might like, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>8480818
Sure you will, dude

Some books that I started my dad off with when he wanted to get into reading english (he has been living he for 20 odd years and is fluent and everything but just doesn't get the same feeling out of reading) were:

>Stoner
>invisible Cities
>Master And Margarita
>Blood Meridian

he enjoyed all of those and they're all pretty simple so you might as well. Start off with short works, otherwise you might lose morale
>>
>>8480823
I tried reading the raven by Poe and I couldn't understand a thing.
>>
Catcher in the Rye. Alice in Wonderland. Check also the /lit/ starter pack, most are high school literature.
>>
>>8480818
>Will I ever be able to read great works of literature in English?
unless you are mentally disabled then the answer is yes.
>>8480823
He should read books with modern English first. non of that man in the high castle shit
>>
>>8480818
>Will I ever be able to read great works of literature in English?
no, because they're in French and German
>>
>>8480831
Blood Meridian is simple? If I wouldn't have read it on my Kindle and had access to the dictionary lookup feature, I could never have finished it.
>>
The old man and the sea is boring as fuck
>muh hands
>>
>>8481266
>i had to lookup words
>das y it hawd
>>
Gravity's Rainbow is pretty simple, good starter for a big novel
>>
If you can't read Ulysses then i don't see the point in even trying
>>
>>8480831
>In English

Recommends bulgakov

Mk bud
>>
>>8480831
>Master and Margarita
But why ?
>>
>>8481714
>boring as fuck
dude get out of here. Sorry it isn't some pulp space opera and is a story of ones struggle with the inevitability's of life. Tolkien is boring muh ring
>>
File: orwell.jpg (1MB, 1408x2142px) Image search: [Google]
orwell.jpg
1MB, 1408x2142px
>>8480818
Both Animal Farm, and 1984 are easy but fun reads. Great place to start in my opinion.
>>
John Steinbeck's stuff
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.