[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don De Lillo about Freud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

in Cosmopolis De lillo writes Freud is finishe, Einstein's next, If someone red the book can explain what he meant?
>>
Freud's theories are now dismissed as pseudo-science. I can't remember that exact passage, so I don't know what that would imply for Einstein exactly. Stuff like time dilation has been empirically verified, so Einstein will be a harder nut to crack than Freud. I'm sure it will happen eventually, it could take a few hundred years though. Even then Einstein's physics won't be dismissed, it'll just be updated.
>>
mmh, do you think that more liberal viewpoints took over the psychoanalysis?
>>
>>8480531

Contemporary therapists usually use some version of "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy." I have no idea who invented that or even how it works. Freud was pretty beloved by the left, considering how his ideas seemed like a justification for sexual license. All the world's problems could be solved if we stopped repressing things, including sexual desire, or so they thought. It was easy to dismiss political opponents as pathology cases, victims of oedipal thoughts and anal-sadistic childhoods.

It got quite ridiculous, to the point where tools like arrows and spears became "phallic symbols" and represented man's "desire to penetrate." I don't know if Freud himself said anything that dumb, but his more retarded successors on the left never stopped to think that an arrow shaped like a vagina would be a shitty arrow.
>>
>>8480502
>Freud's theories are now dismissed as pseudo-science.
No, they aren't. Fucking Americans stuck in the 90s.
>>
freud's ideas about homosexuality ain't liberal though
>>
>>8480502
I don't have sauce, but hasn't rhe theory of relativity been recently dismissed?
>>
>>8481094
no
>>
You're all fucking brain dead trout. Disgusting.
>>
>>8480477
If you want work that's moving beyond the limited Einsteinian cosomology look into the theoretical physicist Lee Smolin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATxi0_-7HqQ
http://arxiv.org/abs/1310.8539

>>8480603
>Freud was pretty beloved by the left, considering how his ideas seemed like a justification for sexual license
Freud if anything was conservative, he wasn't really much of a critical thinker and thougth sexual pathologies could/should be managed for the survival of civilization as he saw it... you're thinking of someone like William Reich who Freud distanced himself from even though he was just taking Freuds reason to its logical ends
>>
>>8480502
Einstein's GR doesn't fit the current Standard Model in quantum physics with certain things thus it's a bit outdated like Newton's laws.
>>
Pretty sure DeDillo was having his young narrator speak arrogantly and dismissively about the notion of who shapes the collective consciousness of the world.

It used to be these hallowed intellectuals but now it's tech moguls, VCs, terrorists etc who form the sociopolitical reality we live in.
>>
>>8480603
almost none of this is right
>>
File: Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg (2MB, 3250x4333px) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg
2MB, 3250x4333px
>>8481303
why did it take this long for the right answer
>>
>>8480628
Freud just made shit up instead of using the scientific method, double blind tests, and peer reviews like a proper scientist. It's all pseudo science.
>>
>>8481199
56:55 "Big black holes"

Cool video, thanks.
>>
>>8480628
>>8481194
hehehehehe
>>
>>8481308

What's wrong with it in your opinion?

>>8481199

Yes but as we all know on /lit/ that you don't have to read an author's books to love them.
>>
>>8481450
>eating Popper's feces
>2016
>>
>>8481303
This.

The main character from what I remember is a lost individual that looks at time and reality based upon trade and commerce.
>>
>>8480477

Freud, or the Oedipal model for psychoanalysis, was killed by Deluze (as much as a philosopher can be killed, Freud is still relevant).

Einstein, or his General Relativity, will be killed by whoever can reconcile physics at the quantum level with our understanding of GR; sort of how Einstein "killed" newton.
>>
>>8481450

The scientific method is just made up shit, it hasn't been verified by the scientific method double blind tests and peer reviews like proper science. It's all pseudoscience.
>>
>>8480502
kill yourself idiot
>>
>>8482278
This

You faggot materialists are tomorrow's laughingstock
>>
There's not much difference between the words Freud and fraud.

That should tell you something.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.