[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a better novel possibly exist? Don Quixote is flawless.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: don quixote.jpg (1MB, 1237x1858px) Image search: [Google]
don quixote.jpg
1MB, 1237x1858px
Could a better novel possibly exist? Don Quixote is flawless.
>>
It's literally Tarantino-tier and you wouldn't be making such a fuss about it if it weren't for its release date
>>
>>8478279
*tips fedora*
>>
>>8478279
High quality bait, enjoy your (you)'s

>>8478270
Why?
>>
>>8478333
It hits every point it makes correctly and subtly. I love that Don Quixote can always see reality, but chooses to believe the images he creates through force of will, it's psychologically perfect. It's also opaque in regards to Don Quixote's mind: it's temptingly intelligible at times, and we're always wrestling between the obvious, mundane insanity and the will to understand the world clearly.

It's like this: no matter what, every time we try something in life, the experience is probably going to be closer to tilting at a windmill than a confident, sexy and assured approach. Yet we still do and still try new things, and each time our false images of how the world is are shattered. We've all asked someone out, being sure they like us, only to be shut down, and later see how obvious it was. We choose the images over the realities, we can't help ourselves.

The biggest fault that a writer like Dostoevsky has is he couldn't avoid the temptation to make his world intelligible. There's great sadness, emotional turmoil, angst, anger, and humanity in his work, but despite all of this there's still the implicit promise that the world is intelligible through Christianity. Cervantes was able to avoid that temptation, we never understand the world for what it is.
>>
>>8478361
nice post
Which part did you like more?
>>
>>8478407
Part 1 is funnier, part 2 is more important. They complement each other in an important way. I'd have to say part 1 overall though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.