[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some books like naked lunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (47KB, 565x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 565x444px
what are some books like naked lunch
>>
>>8477551
Not memeing: Joyce. Ulysses was a huge influence on Burroughs. Also, some of the best stuff by Welsh or Palahniuk has a similar vibe.
>>
exterminator also by burroughs
>>
>>8477563
Hmm, the "Circe" part of Ulysses is kind of Naked Lunch-esque for sure, and I guess Finnegan's Wake.

Also, Hunter S. Thompson

>Palahniuk
Anon...

Why is everyone so into Naked Lunch here. It just screams "I'm a 19 year old male and starting to become literary minded." Which I guess, this is 4chan's lit board, so probably.
>>
naked brunch
>>
>>8477583
I was 15 when I was first hooked up with Naked Lunch and now I'm a 19 years old male and still find it pretty good.

A.J. going amok when the women want to get fucked and the inuits are falling from teh ceiling to fuck them is one of my favourite passages in all of literature
>>
>>8477607

>A.J. going amok when the women want to get fucked and the inuits are falling from teh ceiling to fuck them is one of my favourite passages in all of literature

Yeah you clearly are 19 and clearly need to read more.
>>
le dejeuner de nu?
>>
>>8477651
No, this is the thing, I've read a lot of shit, but I usually do because of this kind of scene and stuff. That's why I like Pynchon and Burroughs and [Will] Self and Hunter Thompson so much. I even read Dostoievski's "The Idiot" just to laugh at the guy who faints trying to get the shit that girl throws on the fire. I just want to laugh at some funny shit
>>
>>8477663
Your edginess hurts, mate. I'm also 19 and you make me feel ashamed for my demographic.
>>
>>8477675
But it's not for "le edgy" as much as it is for "le kek". Thompson and Pinecone wrote almost nothing that was truly edgy, and I prefer to laugh when I'm reading the description of a guy eating shit out of a woman's asshole than to pretend that it has some kind of meta meaning to it. But that's just me doing me.
>>
JG Ballard - The Atrocity Exhibition
>>
>>8477551
I really like these pics
>>
>>8477663
Haha Literally what Pynchon have you read man? The guy's an elderly silent generation writer of massive and massively complex postmodern novels. Excuse me for thinking it's suspicious that a kid born in 1997 who is not yet of age to have even completed any higher education could hang with that in any meaningful way.

I'm 28, and GR is still largely too esoteric for me.

I just think I know you because I used to be you. When I was 19 my favorite writers were Burroughs, Kerouac, Thompson and Chuck Palahniuk.
>>
nova trilogy
>>
>>8477908
>this
>>
File: image.jpg (254KB, 960x959px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 960x959px
>>8478032
hey op here why'd you greentext that my man haha
>>
>>8477855
>>8477551

came here to suggest this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.