[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books about loneliness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1458585396520.png (67KB, 578x547px) Image search: [Google]
1458585396520.png
67KB, 578x547px
What are some books about loneliness?
>>
my diary desu
>>
Harry Potter
>>
my boku no pico desu
>>
>>8476424
In what sense are you interested in loneliness?
>>
>>8476424
HTWFAIP
>>
The Bell Jar
Catcher In The Rye
Notes From The Underground
The Metamorphosis
The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner
>>
File: KN7vik3[1].png (1MB, 648x1276px) Image search: [Google]
KN7vik3[1].png
1MB, 648x1276px
I haven't been disappointed by this chart yet
>>
>>8476424
1000 Years of Solitude
>>
There is nothing interesting that can be written about loneliness
>>
>>8476424
Short story, but Borges' 'The Name of the God'
>>
>>8477565
Blaze
>>
My positive affirmations journal desu
>>
>>8477241
This actually works for once.
>>
>>8476424
All of them.
>>
>>8476424
enders game
>>
>>8476424
The House of Asterion, tho it'a just a shortstory and not a whole book.
>>8477241
Also this.
>>
>>8476424
Suprisingly a good book despite it's video games.

It tells about how Kratos (the protagonist) suffers immensly and how cruel the greek gods treat him.

(Spoilers)

Through out the whole story the only thing that keeps him pushing to complete the task is the promise of release from his incessant nightmares.

He's not just some brute who likes to kill. It's actually kind of emotional and you start relating to him on the count of being alone and betrayed, working so hard for nothing.
>>
File: kratos-ladiesman.jpg (160KB, 598x332px) Image search: [Google]
kratos-ladiesman.jpg
160KB, 598x332px
>>8481226
>>
The book of disquiet

i mean just fucking hell
>>
most books
>>
>>8481239
Seconding this. I read about 85 pages and had to put it down because it was making me feel so isolated. Then I read Suttree which is actually just about the same thing. I strongly recommend both of those, lonely OP.
>>
>>8476424
No Longer Human
>>
A Painful Case
>>
File: John-Williams-Stoner.jpg (171KB, 400x650px) Image search: [Google]
John-Williams-Stoner.jpg
171KB, 400x650px
>dad I'm an alcoholic

>I wish your mother would let me be an alcoholic too
>>
Tartar steppe
>>
>>8477243
he never actually leaves the closet. His dying dream is going to a magical alternate reality, where he is loved and makes a difference. He really just gets buried in the Dursley's garden.
>>
Any book my Murakami, but you all already knew that. Wind Up Bird Chronicle and Norwegian Wood are my two favs.
>>
>>8478602
Seconded
>>
>>8476424
Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>8476424
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
>>
>>8481226
Why don't you actually read actual Greek epics and tragedies, you fucking pleb.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.