[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the comfiest book of all time? Post comfy reads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (249KB, 643x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249KB, 643x1000px
Is this the comfiest book of all time? Post comfy reads
>>
File: 954584.jpg (44KB, 310x475px) Image search: [Google]
954584.jpg
44KB, 310x475px
I'm finding mythology books to be pretty comfy anon. As an added bonus, sometimes it gets extremely boring, which makes it good bedtime lit.
>>
>>8476111
Kinda neat anon
>>
File: 71XQMY6AY4L.jpg (172KB, 1654x2421px) Image search: [Google]
71XQMY6AY4L.jpg
172KB, 1654x2421px
COAT
>>
>>8476126
Is that in search of lost time? I've been meaning to grab that
>>
>>8476126
its not really cozy if you understand him

stay pleb
>>
>>8476126
*CÔTÉ
>>
>>8476101
Am I the only one who didn't like Huck finn?
>>
>>8476188
Hmmm....yes
>>
File: Sansibar-II.jpg (563KB, 667x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Sansibar-II.jpg
563KB, 667x1062px
This is probably the book I find the most comfy, it's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a translation.
If you like Venice, Andrea Delfin by Paul Heyse is also a favourite comfy read of mine (though you could argue that the end isn't that comfy).
The Green Snake and the Beautiful Lily by Goethe is an incredibly comfy fairy tale with lots to think about as well.
If you're into fairy tales, Hermann Hesse also has plenty of comfy ones.
>>
>>8476111
I saw this book at a 2nd hand shop recently.. Wish I wasn't so broke. I spent my last $25 buying Lattimore's translation of the New Testament. I think it has serious meme potential and I figured I could be the one to start shilling it.
>>
>>8476639
Oh /lit/.
>>
>>8476148
I've only read the first 100 pages of the first book and it is in fact extremely cozy. I have no idea what you're talking about. Please give examples of what you're referring to.
>>
File: 37-2.jpg (106KB, 462x680px) Image search: [Google]
37-2.jpg
106KB, 462x680px
Makes me want to live in Paris. Around 1920 or so.
>>
>>8476807
rusheens
>>
>>8476807
Yeah, this was great especially when I was going through a lost generation phase. A little disappointed that the some basic details were fabricated. Like the fact that Hemingway makes it seem as though he was living in poverty when in fact his wife's parents were footing the bill for his escapades.
>>
>>8476807
Love the film midnight in Paris for this exact reason.
>>
>>8476148
It can be pretty depressing at times, but in a beautiful way. Other than that, it's pretty comfy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.