[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1381243985389.jpg (73KB, 295x361px) Image search: [Google]
1381243985389.jpg
73KB, 295x361px
What is your favourite word? Why? Is it the sound, the meaning, the possiblilities...?
>>
Unbelivable
Catarsis
also
Smegma
>>
Janitor, the etymology.
Bairn, the sound.
Globule, the sound.
Euphonious, both.
>>
Ingratitude
>>
Tractor, the sound
obnoxious, the word itself looks disgusting
Lapel
spectacle
>>

>>
Faggot, it's perfect.
>>
>connexion
>recognize/cognition
>superfluous
>turn-page
>>
>>8475749
PENIS

The sound, the meaning AND the possibilities
>>
Smooth
Trench
Flesh
Contempt
>>
Halcyon
I enjoy the sound, look and meaning of the word. Though I guess it could come across as a little wankerish.
>>
>>8475749
Shaft
>>
>tableau
>extant
>banal
and c.
>>
>>8475758
>>8475861
>>8476092
>connextion
Really?
>>8476839
>>8476878

You're trying too hard.
>>
>>8476839
How do you pronounce it
>>
These are literally 5 cent words. This board sucks

All of you suck

All of you

SUCK
>>
File: Ypres Salient.gif (45KB, 399x256px) Image search: [Google]
Ypres Salient.gif
45KB, 399x256px
"Salient," as in "The Passchendaele Salient."

"Sophistication" as a noun, meaning a repair done to an old book. A sophisticated book has been restored or altered to increase its value.

"Blown" to describe something infested with insects. "The apple was blown with wasps."

"Faired" as in "The cannon port was faired over"
>>
>>8476917
Hal-see-on
>>
File: merzboi.jpg (20KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
merzboi.jpg
20KB, 480x330px
Seance
Stoically
Preposterous
Detox
Arson
Hiss or Hissing
Cougar
Rampage and Rage
Slut (I like the way it sounds)
Shotgun
Fistfight
Reverie
Grievous
Chain or Chains
>>
>>8476975
No one said anything about unncomon or complex, its just about personal preferences.
>>
Detritus. I like the sound.
>>
File: 1472491027280.gif (232KB, 200x173px) Image search: [Google]
1472491027280.gif
232KB, 200x173px
COCK
>>
>>8477225
>>8477225
ME too
>>
retard
>>
bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

bothallchoractorschumminaroundgansumuminarumdrumstrumtruminahumptadumpwaultopoofoolooderamaunsturnup

Chiseller

Mrkgnao
>>
>>8476883
>connextion
>really?
yes.
>>
Severance
Kalpa
Hypostasis
Noumena
Bugger

Pick the odd one out.
>>
>>8477305
Why though? Are you American? I've never seen this spelling in print. If this is a word you have any stock in well... That's kind of bizarre in my opinion.
>>
>>8477464
Yep, I'm American. It's an old way to spell "connection", especially during the early to mid-1800's. I first saw it in Moby Dick and again in Walden. If you read those old American classics you'll see it.
That's why I also like "turn-page", it's an old word used when writing letters was more common, it indicated that the information was on the other side, for example
>On the turn-page you'll find the grocery list...
>>
>>8475749
nigger, the connotations
>>
Takeda
Ecclesiastes
Messerschmitt
Taupo
Al-Quds
Wrought
Meme
Fabriqué

these all sound well to me
>>
crisp
>>
>>8475749
Bane?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.