[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show of Hands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1458950632178.jpg (53KB, 617x666px) Image search: [Google]
1458950632178.jpg
53KB, 617x666px
Who here as written a book? All the way through, totally done and edited, even if you haven't gotten published. Not a short story or a collection of short stories, or poems. An actual full length book.

Tell us:
1. How many books?
2. Genre? Any titles you've pulled influence from for this book in particular?
3. Has it been published? Self or with a publishing house? (if no, have you tried to get it published?)
4. How long did it take to write, from initial concept to final copy?
5. How old are you? M/F?

If you've been published, make sure to link us to where we can find out more info about your book(s)!

I've personally never finished a book, but I have several books in varying degree of progression. I think this thread would be an awesome motivator, at least for myself because I'm the type of person that needs to hear about people doing well before I feel encouraged.

Thank you all.
>>
>>8475633
pic related is a spook
>>
>>8475633
Why is a collection of short stories not a book to you? I mean, if they are together in a book, why not?
>>
>>8475633
None of us. Otherwise, why would we be here? (Although I've written 31 short stories)
>>
>>8475633
I wrote one. Science fiction, near future setting.
I never got it published but I managed to get an agent (the first and only one I sent a query too). He sent it to a few publishing houses (HC, S&S, Allen and Unwin) and a couple asked for the full manuscript. None wanted to go ahead with it but it was cool to get that far I guess.

It took my 3 months to write and was about 100,000 words. Looking back on it it was pure shit 2bh. Ok it wasn't that bad, but I'm not exactly proud of it. Wouldn't even consider a rewrite or sending it to other agents or anything.

Im working on something else now that I am a lot more confident about and I'm a lot more 'close' to. My first attempt was pretty generic and looking back on it I can totally see why no one wanted to go through with it.

Im 21 male
>>
>>8475633
Bernard Cornwell here, feels good that my shitposts have been turned into TV series to be honest famalam
>>
>>8477069
Sure it is a book, I just want to hear about full length novels only rn.

>>8477108
Yeah, that's great experience even if it never went to print! Did you learn something going through the first part of that process that you didn't already know from your own research?
Is the new book a science fiction too?
>>
I'm self-publishing a small spiritual SFF book (47k words, roughly 200 pages) soon. I'm getting sent a proof-copy before I put it out because I want to make sure there are no problems with it.
>>
>>8475633
I'm just starting on a novel, but I have nearly a book length collection of short stories I've already published in lit mags. I figure I'll get a good sample of the novel together and begin shopping for an agent when I have every story in the collection published. Hopefully the novel concept and sample will be enough to get a decent publisher to pick up the collection for the sake of getting me on a two book deal for the novel, it's fairly common.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.