/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I am writing a story. I have been developing this idea for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Image.jpg (125KB, 800x831px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
125KB, 800x831px
So, I am writing a story. I have been developing this idea for over 4 years now, and I think it's finally come to a point where I'm happy with it, and proud of it. It's semi post-apocalyptic, I guess. I want to start writing it now, but I have a few problems.

1. I want to make it a light novel, but I just can't find a willing artist to help me.

2. I don't know where to write it

3. I am not too confident of my own writing skills, and I fear that while the plot, characters, world and all that are great, the presentation will be horrible.

All help and advice is deeply appreciated, so thanks in advance!
>>
OP here still, it's 4 am but I'll do my best to stay awake if you guys want to ask any questions.
>>
wut
>>
It took you four years to hop on the decade dead post apocalyptic train?
>>
>>8474190
Well, yeah. The post-apcalypse part isn't really the one of the main aspects of the world, and I have made sure that it is unique and fresh, even if it is post-apocalyptic.
>>
dude everybody can and does make up stories. if you are interested on saying your word just grab something that lets you record it and give yourself a lot of time -if you are one of those people doing the halfanhour thing, it is halfanhour everyday per ten/fifteen years-.
good luck
>>
>>8474151
>1. I want to make it a light novel, but I just can't find a willing artist to help me.

Uh....what the hell do you need help with? Write it your damn self.

>2. I don't know where to write it

A...desk with a computer works for most.

>3. I am not too confident of my own writing skills

Write it, and if you don't like what comes up, then re-write it at some point. Kind of learn as you go. It's what I did with my first novel, heavily edited it about 5 times before I was happy with it.
>>
>>8474207

1. A light novel usually has a drawn picture every 5 or so chapters, I think.

2. I just don't know where to publish it.
>>
>>8474213
>1. A light novel usually has a drawn picture every 5 or so chapters, I think.

You're thinking of a graphic novel or picture book or chapter book. And you're seriously having trouble finding an unemployed loser anime artist? This is 4chan dude...

>2. I just don't know where to publish it.

You haven't even written it yet, so you shouldn't even think of where to publish it. It works like: step 1: write book. Step 2: sell book.
>>
your first problem can wait until you finish you work.
The second, just write and you can post here or in any page for novel online, just uses google anon.
The third and last problem only can resolve whit the anciet technique trial and error. If you want be better writing, you need write more, it's de only solution
>>
This is the funniest thread I really I've seen in a while. This guy is genuinely as stupid as he sounds.
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>8474225
>>
>>8474151

>developing idea for over 4 years
>I want to start writing it now

>>
>develop idea for four years
>not even sure about medium
>"I am not too confident of my own writing skills"
>>
>>8474151
1. Just write it. Any "problems" that you have before getting the first draft down are only hypothetical.
2. Just write it. I really can't stress that enough. It's a first draft, make it shitty, litter it with notes, get all your ideas down in a linear narrative.
3. Edit your first draft. Over and over and over again until it resembles your vision. That's what writing is: re-writing. Like a sculptor with stone, you have to shape it. If you don't have a first draft then there's nothing to shape.

Worry about art when there's something to add art to. Worry about your writing skills during the editing process.

Get everything onto paper.
Good luck m8
>>
I fell asleep, sorry about that. But anyway, thanks for all the helpful advice!
>>
>>8474151
why dont you just write it yourself, and find an editor afterwards? it's far easier to get someone involved if you show proof of concept, even just a rough first draft with notes for expansion.

plus, youll be able to actually say you wrote it yourself pretty much.
>>
>>8474151
Read until you find your favorite author and favorite book of theirs

Study that book and figure out why it is you like it

Adopt this style and mess with it. You may have several favorite authors or books that have distinct features you like, and you could try bringing these features together in your style.

I recommend reading short stories that are not in any genre fiction.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.