[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't been here in a while. I think the general consensus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Kurt_Vonnegut_1972.jpg (262KB, 936x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Kurt_Vonnegut_1972.jpg
262KB, 936x1388px
I haven't been here in a while. I think the general consensus here used to be that Vonnegut is unreadable middlebrow trash. Is that true, or is that just something we say for fear of sounding like hipsters on r/books?
>>
>>8471993
Read him and find out for yourself
>>
he is what JK Rowling readers like to pick up when they reach high school
>>
>>8471993
>fear of sounding like hipsters on r/books?

Pretty much. Most people here who hate him seem to just have picked up on the "So it goes" meme without having actually read him.
>>
>>8471993
hes a pretty comfy read desu
>>
Vonnegut's good. I mean, he's on every pleb Tumblr girl's favorite author list along with Palahniuk, Kerouac and Murakami, but he's still good.

Honestly /lit/ are faggots. Don't listen to them.
>>
He's good. Then you read a lot of him and the snark starts getting annoying. His early stuff is better and more mean-spirited, whereas all his later stuff is prophetic heaven sent author shit.
>>
>>8472025
>>8472266
these two are correct
>>
>>8471993
He's popular therefore, he's fucking shit.
>>
we actually used to love him. anyone remember those days?
>>
He has merit. Usually lacks subtlety and isn't particularly deep so I can see how that coupled with all the people who loudly proclaim him as a genius capable of astounding insight could get to the nerves of all the literal wankers that post here.
>>
>>8473543
>we
>>
>>8472025
>lumping Kerouac with Palahniuk, Vonnegut, and Murakami

bosh
>>
>>8473552
This. I can't stand his style, it's too trite. Probably his intention, but I end up just skimming through.
>>
>>8472266
>His early stuff is better and more mean-spirited
This. Vonnegut with a bit of an edge is the best. I still enjoy several of his earlier novels.
>>
>>8472025
I'm a girl, and I've had a tumblr for two years, barely been on it for the last year and never heard of Murakami since I started hanging around on /lit/, so, yeah.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.