[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analytical Philosophy.....just makes more sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: aaaaaa.jpg (21KB, 553x231px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
21KB, 553x231px
continental philosophy, however is much more beautiful and poetic with its use of language...

but then when you come to look at it, you realize its pretty much MUH FEELS...and then you go look at analytical philosophy and say, well this shit seems robotic

this shit seems like for pseudo wannabe mathematics that couldn't make it in that field...but then you start to realize..this shit, makes more sense.... and then you start to realize..fuck it, it makes a shit ton more sense

then you start to realize how shit continental philosophy is, and then all the hipster wanna be literature majors that masturbate over Derrida and Foucault and all those French losers get mad "ANALYTICAL PHILOSOPHY ISN'T
PHILOSOPHY, ITS MATHEMATICS BLAH BLAH BLAH,LOGIC IS A WHITE MALE HEGEMONIC FIELD BLAH BLAH BLAH"

while the analytics sip their tea and respond like " YOU MAD" .....and then act all superior in their anglo self.

plus the writing, is just much clearer
>>
>>8471081
Most analytic philosophers were and are logicians and mathematicians as well, so the popular conception that it's "just for wannabes who couldn't do math" is patently false. More of a projection from people who are actually bad at math and can't handle reading something with logical notation in it. Most people take an interest in philosophy because they hear about Nietzsche and nihilism and all that and believe philosophy is just about "how to live your life". There's also the widespread belief that positivism is still an active movement within the tradition, when in fact analytic metaphysics has been thriving for 40 years now.

It's just a sad state of affairs. Analytic philosophy is generally more interesting because they deal with the fascinating problems that more wide-ranging philosophers from the continental tradition pass over because of their fixation on the human condition. There are definitely interesting continental philosophers and both have their merits. This board should try to engage more with the analytics instead of the continental predominance we have now
>>
>>8471275
Lacan applies knot theory to his work.
Badoui or whoever applies set theory
>>
>>8471081
Language and philosophy are self refuting anyway.
They can't give you any definite answers.
>>
>>8471281
I'm not saying that continentals don't use math. The fact that people deride analytics for using math and calling them wannabe mathematicians while eating up works from people who are much farther from that field and are using those mathematical theories "metaphorically" to stress a point really calls for some introspection.
>>
>>8471300
theres also this belief that Analytical Philosophy is the domain of White Males..and Continental is this more diverse and "inclusive" enviroment
>>
>>8471081
>man the study of language is like the most important thing ever. If we can nail down how we communicate and how that affects us we can, like, discover anything
>only speaks one lanuage

I actually agree with Wittgenstein but that's only because we both have communication problems (I have dyspraxia). The weird, abstract experiments everyone else comes up with are pointless
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.