[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read this. Was it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (65KB, 297x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 297x500px
Just read this. Was it good?
>>
y'see, that's the thing about reading

you're supposed to find out for yourself
>>
>>8469337
>>8469335
This. Do people on 4chan really have no opinions of their own?
>>
>>8469337
>>8469385
you guys, it's a hilarious meme, don't you understand?
the op is satirically skewering the traditional groupthing of this site, drawing attention to the way we tend to assume the opinions of others as our own, whilst also hoping to start an irreverent but possibly fruitful conversation about the book in question they've just read
>>
>>8469335
Got into a big argument with my professor about this. Is the title pronounced "Vee" or "Five." It's five, right?
>>
>>8469392
op here, this is not what i meant at all
>>
>>8469402
>op here
>5 / 0 / 6 / 1
lmao ok
>>
>>8469402
look kid i said 'groupthing' i'm clearly drunk here, throw me a bone
>>
>>8469407
great start to the college football season.
lots of great games today
drunk af
>>
>>8469402
Real OP here, this isn't me
>>8469398
"Vee", stupid. Did you even read it?
>>
>>8469406
heh, check again kid
>>
>>8469415
Fuck you nigger! Did you read it?
>>
>>8469423
Okay buddy. Why would it be five?
>>
>>8469433
The roman numeral for five is "V" you fucking retard. If you had even a high school education you would know that.
>>
>>8469443
That has nothing to do with anything in the book though
>>
>>8469450
Yeah good point. I still think "five" just sounds better though.
>>
>>8469470
suicide
>>
>>8469335
no.
>>
>>8469529
This desu
>>8469555
Thanks
>>
>>8469398
I thought the author confirmed in an interview that it was "five," right? Are there people who literally still call it "Vee" like the letter?
>>
I just finished this a few weeks ago. I think I'm shit at analyzing literature, so it would be nice if we had an in depth discussion about the book. I'd say the main theme is the animate vs inanimate. Agree? What other prominent themes did you find? Favorite parts? I'm off to see Don't Breathe, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be a terrible thread.
>>
>>8469652
Source?
>>
Unfortunately, I couldn't really get in to Five Period, ah well.
>>
>>8469692
Um, it's not my responsibility to spoon feed you, sorry.
>>
>>8469727

Not who you replied to but lol well then you're argument is unfounded and I'm going to assume you just made that bullshit up. Personally I've heard otherwise. Also why would a roman numeral have a full stop glyph added onto it?
>>
>>8469761
It's literally "Fifth Period". like, in school. It's a reference to Pynchon's musings during his English class at Fifth Period, he wrote this book as an ode to his immaturity and boredom of the time, the object subject split is a red herring.
>>
>>8469761
it's a decimal point. Like 5.0
but in roman there is no zero, so it's written V.
>>
>>8469652
>pynchon
>interview
nice try bucko
>>
>>8469406
If the OP posts in his thread it counts as a different poster. The counters does not take into account the OP.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.