[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique my ish /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: p1.jpg (299KB, 719x818px) Image search: [Google]
p1.jpg
299KB, 719x818px
Here's the pastebin if you don't want to use the two JPEGs:

http://pastebin.com/YAzfisKN

Tell me why it's shitty, tell me how to make it less shitty, tell me i look like a potato
>>
File: p2.jpg (314KB, 699x864px) Image search: [Google]
p2.jpg
314KB, 699x864px
>>8466861
2/2
>>
File: p3.jpg (269KB, 649x748px) Image search: [Google]
p3.jpg
269KB, 649x748px
>>8466861
>>8466862
Ok forgot about third page...

3/3
>>
shamless self bump
>>
>>8466861
Not a lot to say, genre fiction vaguely wannabe Hunger Games shit, but speckled with some cringe.

That "all (something)-like" thing you do is awful.

Avoid cliches like women with hips that sway as they walk.

You have lapses in voice. In general it sounds normalfag casual but then the narrator says shit like "...the ground before me," where 'before' sounds too antiquated, and "He spoke softly, the way a mother does when speaking to a sleeping babe."
A 'babe'? Seriously?
>>
>>8467204
Fair. I was aiming more for post-societal tribe-type ritual but I could see it coming across "all Hunger Game like."

I thought that that might add some personality to the character, but good to know it didn't work.
Also, I noticed the changes in voice after I finished it. I didn't have a set plan for anything for this and it was more of a writing exercise. Definitely will avoid cliches, but when you say normalfag do you refer to that in a negative sense? I've been trying quite hard to dumb down my characters' voice because I felt it was coming off too pretentious and, to a point, purple,

The main thing I was trying to get across with this was the theme that I decided on about halfway through via the last few sentences.

Thank you very much for the feedback, despite its abruptness, and I'll do my best to incorporate it in future writing
>>
Another bump because I need to know ALL the reasons why this is shit
>>
>>8466861
Terrible writing consider shortening sentences and really taking aim on the clarity of what you are trying to say.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.