[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /lit/ view on Zadie Smith?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: aaaaaa.jpg (196KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
196KB, 625x625px
She wrote "White Teeth" has a new book coming out soon?
>>
>>8464981
>inb4 /pol/ebs get upset
>>
Is White Teeth worth a read? I have it checked out from my local library and it's overdue but laziness about turning it back and so on. I read some of NW but couldn't really get engaged so I moved on.
>>
her first book was great, her second book was complete trash though..i heard good things about this one though
>>
>>8464981
>Zadie
*Sadie
>>
>>8464981

Would smash.
>>
>>8465004
Sadie Zmith.
>>
NW is p good
>>
Saw on the tube, she's photogenic but mediocre in person. Writing is ok but overrated to the extent you'd expect for a black woman.
>>
>>8464981
>reading blacks
That's one thing, and degenerate
>reading women
That's one thing, and degenerate
>reading BLACK WOMEN

Kill yourselves
>>
>>8465088
How is she even black? She's a bit brownish at best, I've seen blacker Italians.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (69KB, 1317x199px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
69KB, 1317x199px
>>8464981
>Not Zadieposting
>>
>>8465096
One drop is enough to contaminate you
>>
>>8465096
THink she has a black and a white parent.
>>
>>8465111
It seems it's a 1/3 black+white or something.
>>8465109
Enough to get you praised as an amazing writer for mediocre novels, that's for sure.
>>
her mama is full africano
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Sv6_nZ9zd88/TbShFbPOU-I/AAAAAAAAAJY/RB1yGOEm_z8/s1600/Zadi_smith_mother.jpg
>>
"ethnic" looking people look disgusting.
>>
>>8464981
https://newrepublic.com/article/61361/human-all-too-inhuman
read this
>>
>>8464981
I heard a rumour that the turban is hiding the face of David Foster Wallace on the back of her head.
>>
>>8465145
what does that even mean
>>
>>8465096
>changes her name to sound more exotic
That's being culturally black at least. That factoid plus the headwear, on top of previously having flipped through White Teeth and found the writing mediocre, have kept me from paying any more attention to miss "incomfortable next to franzen and dfw".
>>
>>8465195
That only whites can be truly attractive.
>>
>>8465119
>>8465111
Zadie Smith was born as Sadie Smith in the north-west London borough of Brent to a Jamaican mother, Yvonne Bailey, and an English father, Harvey Smith.[7] Her mother had grown up in Jamaica and migrated to England in 1969.
>>
On Beauty is really good, White Teeth is good (esp considering her age when she wrote it, but I like her later work more), NW is goat, her book of essays is also good
>>
>>8465180
James Wood has a stick up his bum for the past 50 years and also loves to disproportionally neg new women writers, someone do a graph.
>>
yeah
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.