[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup crackers? We need to discuss THE LORD OF THE RINGS. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: tlotr.jpg (32KB, 295x480px) Image search: [Google]
tlotr.jpg
32KB, 295x480px
Sup crackers?

We need to discuss THE LORD OF THE RINGS.

I have seen the academy award winning motion pictures, but I have yet to read this epic saga from the pen of Tolkien himself.

Quick questions:

1) Is it worth reading if you have seen the films?

2) Is it worth buying the trilogy books brand new? They go for £30.00 in the shops but can be purchased second hand for around £12.00 on ebay.

I have read The Hobbit.

Thanks crackers.
>>
File: S64-Crew.gif (52KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
S64-Crew.gif
52KB, 300x239px
I barely remember the books after the first one. First one is pretty comfy tier. I finally read the rest a few years ago but they're basically a primer for the silmarilion.
>>
>>8463521
Was this written by Christopher Tolkien'so father?
>>
>>8463521
If you liked the movies, you'll like the books.
>>
>>8463521
>Is it worth reading if you have seen the films?
This is a pointless question

Every book is "worth" reading. Whether you have the patience to sit there and read the damn thing is up to you

We're not here to tell you if you should want to read it or not. That's also up to you. Read the damn books and then come back with an actual discussion instead of just posting the picture of the cover and writing, "Thoughts?!"
>>
There's a sci-fi and fantasy general. This definitely belongs there considering you haven't even read the fucking books. Lurk more before you post, /tv/.
>>
>>8463521
1. Yes
2. Is it ever? Any used bookstore will have copies.
>>
>>8463637
You better shut your whore mouth.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.