[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where was the marijuana?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: John-Williams-Stoner.jpg (171KB, 400x650px) Image search: [Google]
John-Williams-Stoner.jpg
171KB, 400x650px
Where was the marijuana?
>>
File: 265989_1248769541039_250_174.jpg (19KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
265989_1248769541039_250_174.jpg
19KB, 250x174px
The dime bag he hid up his.ass.gave him rectel cancer
>>
>>8463497
>marijuana

The book isn't a reference to drugs, fool. It's about how women are awful and wreck the lives of men.

>more like Stone 'er!, amirite guys?
>>
File: sketch_1451455352276.jpg (260KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sketch_1451455352276.jpg
260KB, 1080x1920px
Right here
>>
>>8463497
DUDE
>>
>>8464369
Hahah
>>
The whole marriage story is an allegory which symbolises the slow subtle disintegration of the psyche which occurs due to marijuana addiction. Can't believe everyone who reads this totally misses the point. Just think of the seminal chapters and insert a joint in place of Edith.
>>
>>8464444
A round of applause for Captain Obvious, everyone.
>>
>>8464369
g1, m8
>>
>>8464369
did u snapchat this 2 ur gf?
>>
>>8464444
But the story starts off with Stoner ad a blank state. He views the world with a dulled, neutral almost disinterested mindset. Its like he's already stoned.

Then he reads books and then more passion enters his mind. Marriage gets in the way of this journey of his but he is still able to enjoy the good moments no matter how brief, and takes the negative in his stride.

The book doesn't really read with a gradual decay in his psyche. Hell the worse thing that happens to him is a piss fight with Tyrion Lannister. After that h gets depressed and begins to age rapidly.
>>
>>8463497

>be reading this book at work during downtime
>it's often on desk face-down, but with the spine showing
>five days into reading it get called into boss's office for "a quick chat"
>she's all smiling as she says this
>"So, some of your co-workers have reported that you're reading some interesting literature."
>she pauses waiting for me to fill in and defend myself
>I'm actually so thrown off-balance that I just kind of make this soft "w-wuhh" noise
>"Well I talked to HR about it and they decided it's best that we get a urine sample"

I've never smoked pot in my life.
>>
>>8466406
>called into bosses office
>she
Well there's your first problem.
>>
>>8466406
Why didn't you just say "That's the last name of the main character in the book." or whatever.
>>
>>8466546
>poster on 4chan
>anything but autistic
>>
>>8464369
kek
>>
What is the appeal of this book ?
>>
Is Stoner good? I fell for the Book of Disquiet meme and I don't want to fall for a meme again.
>>
>>8467255
The book of disquiet is brilliant what are you talking about
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.