[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you like to discuss Bartleby the Scrivener, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (116KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 260x400px
Would you like to discuss Bartleby the Scrivener, /lit/?
>>
>>8462603
The poor little weirdo. What is his deal?
>>
He's the American Akaky Akakievich, just wants to make copies and be left alone.
>>
Read it in freeman lit. My professor did everything he could to trash it, but I liked it.
>>
>>8462603

You're just begging for a particular reference in response to that, aren't you?
Okay, well here you go:
/lit/ isn/t well-read, so good luck.
>>
File: image.gif (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
20KB, 200x200px
>BART!
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1200x800px
>>8462656
>BLART!
>>
>>8462603
I prefer not to (^:
>>
>>8462603
I'd rather not
>>
its okay
i read it in english class so everybody wanted to talk about "wat it mean?? :DD" but i thought the prose + descriptions of bartleby were the best part
>>
If you guys like Bartleby, you should read Wakefield by Hawthorne.

It's at the same time less weird and weirder
>>
>read bartelby
>think 'man this guys cool, doesn't take shit from anyone!'
>decide to imitate
>very next day
>first person approaches me on the way to class
>"anon right? My silly friends dared me to ask for your number... So? Will you give it to me?"
>'I would prefer not to.'
>walk away
>she gets number anyway somehow
>get text that evening saying 'so anon are we going to the game together this weekend?'
>'I would prefer not to.'
>think 'haha showed that bitch. I'm so cool now'
>wake up next day
>realize she was hot and thirsty
>at least I'm cool
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.