[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a book about a protagonist whose tale is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1469408677565.jpg (7KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469408677565.jpg
7KB, 300x195px
Has there ever been a book about a protagonist whose tale is told only through interactions with other people he mets at the end of chapters, with each chapter telling the story of one of these people ? For instance a chapter would go through the main events of person A's life up until person A meets the protagonist. Knowing about Person A's life gives the reader the point of view of person A and why person A would interact with the protagonist the way person A does.
>>
>>8462108
Probably.

Why?
>>
>>8462114
Cause I would enjoy it.
>>
>>8462108
Yes, Percival in Woolf's 'The Waves'
>>
>>8462132
Thanks
>>
>>8462132
This. Based book.
>>
Sounds a bit like medieval station drama, except that everything in them is told through the hero perspective so it's quite rigid.

Strindberg has some plays that were built with a similar structure and do away with the outdated hero-perspective only thing (To Damascus, A Dream Play, Lucky Peter's Travels I think). Expressionist drama expanded upon these experimental plays also.

For more about station drama: check Peter Szondi's "Theory of the Modern Drama: A Critical Edition"
>>
Summertime by JM Coetzee.

The story of a fictional version of John Coetzee is told as a series of interviews with coworkers, relatives gfs, etc.
>>
>>8462132
It wasn't just percival. Everything we knew about each of the characters was through the lens of another.
>>
Is there supposed to be a difference between these pictures?
>>
>>8463448
also, is that trap ass?
>>
>>8462108
Have you ever watched Citizen Kane?
>>
Winesburg, Ohio is very close to what you're looking for. Made up of small stories that each concern a different person in the town but they each have a connection at some point to the "protagonist", like he'll get mentioned offhandedly or maybe they meet with him briefly.
>>
>>8463448
The idea is there's a minor difference between the two which allows you to look at it a certain way to combine the image and have a 3d ass poking out at you.
I have never gotten it to work. and that one's too small anyway.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.