[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>>
What kind of actual PLEB would buy just The Grand Inquisitor and not buy Karamazov and read them together??
>>
>>8462194
Actually the pleb would buy Crime and Punishment
>>
>>8461532

Why would apologize? His Grand Inquisitor was a false straw man. Catholic Spain didnt fall to communism, Orthodox Russia did.
>>
Anyone who chooses to read dostoy in general isn't a pleb.
>>
>>8462234
Did you forget to reply to someone or are you just talking to yourself?
>>
>>8461532

My recent response about the Grand Inquisitor out of the archive >>8452824:

>Grand Inquisitor always gets the attention, but it's what follows it that really gets into the depth of the book and of what Dostoyevsky was doing.
>The Inquisitor chapter is one of the more eloquent (and popular) expressions of atheism in letters, but the Life of Father Zosima that follows it (not to mention Ivan and the devil later on) totally owns it. It's not just a character's fantasy like GI is (and so twice removed from the reader), but the actual life experience of another.
>The Life of Father Zosima contains a striking arc of sin and redemption, which itself is deeply spiritual and true to the Bible narrative (namely, it wasn't the [self-]righteous who understood Jesus but the lowly and 'sinners' who truly did). There is a strong current of being humble(d) and being exalted in that humbleness, and it's also present in the book for example in the boorish father bearing the author's name and the hero the name of Dostoyevsky's deceased son. (Incidentally, if anyone worships in a church body that follows the RCL, this was present in spades in last Sunday's pericopes.)
>It's also a pattern that was apparently going to play out on a large scale with Alyosha, based on Dostoyevsky's plans for The Life of a Great Sinner, of which Karamazov was the only part he completed before he died.
>And I should mention too that the downward spiral of Ivan with the devil is another counterpart to GI in showing (for Dostoyevsky) the natural conclusion of Ivan's thinking.
>>
>>8461532
or what?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.