[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mild Spoiler Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Havnt finished it yet, but this this might spark an interesting line of inquiry. Is William subconsciously prejudicial against cripples? The author doesn't strongly demonstrate William's moment to moment emotions or reactions so I thought it might be a possibility, especially considering Lomax has been hostile from day one of meeting him.

Or is Lomax just an SJW: Finding problems where they don't exist and trying to bury the supposed instigator?

Also, as a side note, is there a metaphorical reason why Lomax is so handsome yet some crippled? Does the moment where he kisses Edith suggest that he had so much potential of an intelligent and sexual creature if not for his hump?
>>
You could write Stoner from the perspective of Lomax and you would end up loving Lomax. That's what makes the book so great, the characters are no caricatures. I don't think Williams was against cripples, Lomax is trying to protect Walker from Stoner, whom he may perceive as being a threat to Walker/Lomax - Stoner is the better academic, Lomax is the better politician. Both Lomax and Walker have physical inabilities which binds them together.
>>
>>8460665
>Lomax is trying to protect Walker from Stoner
So do you think maybe he just went a bit too far in his protectiveness and probably started to just feel animosity and uncariness for Will as a person?

But more importantly, why has he always been so hostile to Will even before this? Is he just not good with people unless they have something for him?
>>
>>8460789
Wasn't Lomax cold to everyone back when he first joined the university? He never joined activities not directly related to the university and his tenure. I don't think he had any personal problem with Willy before Walker showed up.
>>
>>8460846
Yeah you're right, and there's that bit at the party where he shows his true colours and is a really nice person.
>>
>>8460846
>>8460867
After the party though, John Williams says he carries a cool anger towards Will whenever they speak.

Which brings me to my alternative question: does that have something to do with sexual jealously and physical inadequacy?
>>
>>8460650
>Havnt finished it yet

Then do that before you make threads you retard.
>>
>>8460940
Topkuck
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.