[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literary Magazines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (179KB, 812x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 812x1024px
Anyone rejected by tin house in 2016 recently? Can you copy paste the rejection letter? Trying to figure out if I just got a tiered rejection letter or not. Thanks.

Also literary magazines geberal thread. Do you subscribed to any? Have you sent any poetry of prose in to them? Ever been published?
>>
I know nothing about literary magazines. Are they typically good reads? What are the best ones to get into?
>>
>>8458194
I sent them a couple of poems last year, haven't been rejected yet but it's likely only a matter of time.
>>
>>8458411
It varies a lot. All the big ones are highly pretentious and cliquey in that they tend to only publish already established/bestselling authors. The smaller ones are more of a mixed bag.
>>
>>8458194

there's the rejectionwiki but its accuracy varies:

http://www.rejectionwiki.com/index.php?title=Tin_House

and here's the duotrope page for tin house, you'd probably find it interesting

0.17% acceptance rate!

pastebin the first page of your submission?
>>
>>8458665

whoops didn't attach
>>
>>8458665

Thanks, but I actually came here to clarify for the 2016 rejections, as the one I received this evening wasn't the same as any of the ones up on rejection wiki.

That's interesting, although it's not particularly surprising. I wasn't really holding out hope for being picked by the big lit magazines but a tiered rejection says a lot about getting the desired aesthetic, you know?

I'd rather not share my story, it's still in-progress with a lot of other journals and I'm sure it'll be picked up by one of them, though probably not the top ones. Nothing personal, I appreciate your interest. I've posted a lot on /lit/ before and think I've reached the point where I'm confident enough in my writing to not need to post it on /lit/ anymore.
>>
>>8458710

Where else did you apply to?
>>
tell us about presubmission research on target magazines, submission types (electronic is mandatory? any benefit to mailing a hardcopy?), other info on steps you've taken or links that chronicle the process
>>
>>8458194
Dont get yourself affected by desired aesthetics. Doesent matter if its shit or not, magazines say exactly nothing. So whatever its you do, just keep going as long as its going to be somethimg you made. Remember, every style of writing has gone. Only thing you can give, thats valuable to others, is your inner self spat out in words. Go for it and never stop.
>>
>>8458962
>>8458911

OP here, I'm dying of jet lag and am about to crash. I'll respond to this thread when I wake up in the morning. I hope it survives until then. Some anions intermittently bumping it throughout the night would be appreciated, I feel more anons on /lit/ should be submitting short stories and poetry to literary magazines instead of writing the next great doorstepper that will never be published. We're not living in 1955 anymore.
>>
I got a rejection from Tin House just a few weeks ago. Here is what they said, no idea what it means:

Dear Anon,

Thank you for sending us your story. Unfortunately, we have decided to pass on this submission.

Thank you, also, for your patience in waiting to hear back from us. Submittable generally makes managing the many submissions we receive each year much easier, but the staggering number of submissions we received last year means it is still a long process.

We look forward to seeing more of your work in the future—and responding to it in a more reasonable amount of time.
>>
here's a bump.

>>8459070

agreed. rarely even see individual short stories discussed here even though they're still a common entrypoint to fiction writing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.