[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventures in Booktube Comments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: he mad.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
he mad.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
Anon this is stupid exercise at the very least. I've read all Dante, all Plato in greek (I'm italian and I've had classical studies), I do enjoy philosophy, theatrical pieces, law books (I'm a lawyer myself) biographies, do you think I meant to compare Asoiaf to them, or to Joyce - not a big fan of his personally, even of course I've seen what there was to see about him in Dublin and Trieste - Shakespeare or Petrarca?! OF COURSE, as ANYONE would grasp, I was speaking of 'commercial' books, fantasy, kinda fantasy or kinda-historical (not historical essays or biographies) books. Being snobbish doesn't prove your intelligence, it proves just you're narrow minded. Both 'The Tudors' and 'Wolf Hall' were kinda-historical TV series.. but hte first was sh***, the second one wasn't. Is is some independent indie movie shown at some film festival? No, but this doesn't automatically mean it's sh*. You clearly haven't read the Asoiaf books (I did only because a friend of mine insisted), otherwise you'll know what I'm talking about. You quote some sexual sh* and assume the whole saga is sh*. No, it's great. There is not a line or a word which is 'casual', the foreshadowing game he plays with the readers is amazing (I've never seen it brought to this level and it takes time, intuition, knowledge of history and literature to grasp the right clues, interpret them the right way and avoid the red herrings), there are endless clever dialogues, the historical and literary inspirations behind the characters are great (my fave one is a mix of Emperor Claudius, Richard III and Odyessus, with of course his own individuality), the ethymologies of the names offer very interesting insights, the way he deals with religion, secular political institutions and war is spectacular. Hunger games? sh*, Twilight? sh*. Gregory's "historical" books? sh** and so on and on. Asoiaf by GRRM? VGood 'realistic' fantasy (ossimoric but true). Shardlake by CJSansom? VGood. Nicholas Le Floche by JFParot? VGood. Hilary Mantel's books? Vgood.
>>
What video is this from?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT7HkqrqvC4 the best one, of course.
>>
Please, friends, share your favorite moments!
>>
>>8455429
Wow don't make fun of the author of New York Times best seller: Xenith
>>
right. I have sh** tastes because I like Shakespeare, Dante, Plato, Wilde, other 19475927502 authors AND some commercial books as Asoiaf, because I don't play the radical chic at any cost but actually read a book before I judge it and I am able to enjoy ALSO well written fiction. And I do happen to be able to distinguish between well written fiction and sh*** fiction, you call everything 'commercial' sh** because unless it's stream of consciousness, you are not able to grade the writing style (besides, diplomat Parot and lawyer and historian CJSansom will be so offended that you, from the height of your ... what are the studies that made you able to jusge everyone's tastes and writing style, exactly? ... do not appreciate their historically super accurate crime books - they will have to content themselves with the fact they're critically acclaimed. I'm pretty sure you had never heard of them, anyway.. you just skipped over it to pretend you knew what I was talking about. You couln't truly reply to what I stated about asoiaf, because you haven't read those books. You judge books you clearly HAVEN'T read and ask to be taken seriously, p.l.e.a.s.e.. You look like one of those teen agers who talk difficult to prove they're clever. It's not pasteandcoping some Joyce quotes you prove.. what? that you've got amazing tastes and anyone who ever enjoyed anything less complex than Josè Saramago is a brute? You probably haven't even read Celine or Sartre, maybe you've read the wiki summary of War and Peace, think Mr. Ibsen is a relative or Mr. Ikea, never read any latin or greek or latin historian or poet, mistake Russel for Rousseau or Roosevelt and still raise up your eyebrows at other people. If I were you, I'd step down from the pedistal you think you have climbed. Now, your previous answers to other people prove further conversation would be unuseful to both of us, you're clearly not interested in the detail / facts you're presented with, not open to change your ideas (of books you haven't read lol), prone to insult. Have a nice continuation on YT.
the gift that just keeps on giving
>>
OHMYGOD. Who FUCKING cares what kind of books she reads? Focus on your own reading material instead of judging someone else's reading material choices. I prefer young adult books because they're so much more interesting and easy to get into rather than the few adult books i've read that are boring as shit and take forever to even hint at being interesting!
>>
>>8455733
you okay?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvHv2F8BCfI here's the person who typed all this out.
>>
>>8455764
Looks like the new queen of /lit/ to me.
>>
>>8455429
>music consists entirely of whistling
>>
>>8455782
>being this jealous
>>
File: 2310.jpg (241KB, 950x576px) Image search: [Google]
2310.jpg
241KB, 950x576px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.