[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this isnt impossible to read, it might be impossible to write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

this isnt impossible to read, it might be impossible to write about, nor impossible to forget. It is an extraordinary work of art, but one that is unlikely to appeal to most. But we aren't the Average readers (hehehe), we take pride in a challenge. its comparable to Ulyssess in scope and prose (yeah I said it), gravity's rainbow in difficulty and infinite meme in length (although far more worth it). If you ever wanted to know what it was like to read a dream, without reading the wake, this is it. Although people here tend to be afraid of giant doorstoppers, I do think the first 300 pages at least are well worth giving a go, just to spend some time in this unique and stunningly beautiful prose. I can promise you that there is absolutely nothing else out there that can compare. Having now finished this is can easily say it is a book I will never forget. I think it will stay with me the rest of my life. this is very worth the read. miss macintosh is a book that others need to read because it begs for discussion and interpretation and I have no one to discuss it with :(
>>
>>8454142
*I can easily say
>>
>>8454142

no, it's a very normal novel by structure and ideas. It's just really fucking long and very overwritten
>>
>>8454266
have you finished it?
>>
>>8454273
No, I never even read it at all, sorry.
>>
>>8454276
oh. well then.
>>
>>8454273
>>8454276
>>8454287

all me btw
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-30-11-44-14.png (318KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-30-11-44-14.png
318KB, 1440x2560px
>>8454295
huh?
>>
I want to read this because the excerpts I've read are lucid and beautiful. But is there some kind of continuous narrative or just some overarching theme? And how long did it take you?
>>
>>8454299
Oh yeah definitely. it's not total nonsense. life and reality are a hell of a drug. it took me about 2 months. I read the first book, then I read J R in between (just because it went back in press) and finished the seccond volume.
>>
>>8454316
shit nigga The Magic Mountain took me like 6 weeks with some short novellas in-between. This is gonna kill me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.