[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me a good horoor book that has been relesed in the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Give me a good horoor book that has been relesed in the last 10 years

Im saying ten years who people wont recommend sleeping pills like IT, I tried reading it, but I feel clowns are 0% scary

Points for unique concept/story with supernautral/paranormal stuff and not just ''killers''
>>
Check out Joe Hill aka Stephen King's literal son. I've only read NOS4A2 (which I think fits what you're asking for, btw) but all of his books are supposed to be pretty good.
>>
>wanting to be scared of books
Not very /lit/ desu
>>
Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach Trilogy.
>>
Adam Nevill's books are good, unique, and supernatural. The Ritual is great for innawoods scary. Last Days is good for spoopy skellingtons.

Also, not last ten years, but Naomi's Room is worth reading.
>>
Question: is horror dying as a literary genre due to the advance of technology? Will horror become a genre populated by period pieces and sci-fi horror?

Even in movies they have to write around the existence of cell phones by saying, "Oh, we're too far out for them to work." Before that, when it was just landlines, they had to say, "The line's dead/the cord's been cut."

I wish Barker didn't get old writer syndrome. None of his more recent books come even close to the level he was writing at during his Books of Blood days.
>>
>>8453913
do you have a jacket with pockets big enough to hold that book plus a sandwich and passport though?
>>
>>8454331
It's dying due to the demystification of sexuality
>>
Newspapers are the new Horror Novels.

They were also the old Horror Novels but these things tend to come full circle.
>>
>>8454331
Nah, it has to adapt though. I don't think technology could bother a genre like psychological horror.

Has /lit/ seen Babadook?
>>
>>8454601
lmao
>>
the haunted school - r.l. stine
>>
>>8454720
Elaborate.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.