[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unknown insect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: picture 1.jpg (373KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
picture 1.jpg
373KB, 2448x3264px
There are insects walking inside my books and I don't even know what they are, so I can't take the appropriate measures.

I don't think it's silverfish, because they're really tiny (pic related), and they also don't seem to be destroying the books like silverfish would. Still, I'm very worried. Please, help me identify it if you can.
>>
File: picture 2.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
picture 2.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
A closeup.
>>
what book are you reading?
>>
Put it under your microscope.
>>
>>8449083
Currently I'm reading Oxford's Myths from Mesopotamia, but the book in the picture is "Hollywood's Dark Cinema: The American Film Noir". It's just one of the books I found them walking about.
>>
Uv got bed bugs mate. Check ur bedding and behind outlets. I was infested for like a month and by the end my back and arms and face were like fairways of bloodied divots
>>
>>8449076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT4ObtDs0yc
>>
>>8449076
Looks like a book louse. They'll eat your books. Fumigate.
>>
>>8449076

I think bedbugs are bigger than that. To me it looks super similar to a common Booklouse.
>>
File: book-louse-illustration_886x590.jpg (380KB, 886x590px) Image search: [Google]
book-louse-illustration_886x590.jpg
380KB, 886x590px
>>8449141
>>8449144
OP here, I think it might be it. They do look similar.

I'm searching about it now. Thanks a lot, guys.
>>
>>8449144
Bed bugs have to eat u roughly 6 seperate times before they reach adulthood. A first-instar nymph is only like 1 mm
>>
>>8449076
>>8449079
They're booklice. They don't harm the book. They just eat mildew that grows on it. I've had the same thing before. They usually disappear when it gets colder out.
>>
Probably just booklice. You find them in library books often
>>
>>8449228
Thanks, man. I hope you're right and they don't eat my books. Still, it worries me they run away when it gets colder, because I live in a pretty hot country (Brazil).

>>8449236
That would make a lot of sense, since I used to buy used books a lot. Maybe I should get rid of the one in worst shape.
>>
Bumping this for a question of my own: are silverfish dangerous? Do they actually eat paper or is that just a meme?
>>
>>8450704
No meme, my friend. Here's an example of what silverfish can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMjqJku3wE

Go to 1:35
>>
>>8449090
Hey, I finished that book recently! How far are you?

I enjoyed it but I will admit to struggling a tad with all the different names and having them change etc.
>>
File: 1461891707146.png (91KB, 253x255px) Image search: [Google]
1461891707146.png
91KB, 253x255px
>>8451132
what the fuck, how can anybody let this happen
>>
>>8451155
I just started.

I'm also thinking of reading some of the oldest works in the canon, so I still haven't decided if I'll read this whole book or if I'll just get Gilgamesh for now and come back for the rest later.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.