[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: chronicles of narnia.jpg (29KB, 262x400px) Image search: [Google]
chronicles of narnia.jpg
29KB, 262x400px
Thoughts on this series?
>>
>>8448976

Great when I was in 1st through 3rd grade. Not enjoyable for adults.

That said it's a classic series imo
>>
File: 1461288368546.jpg (2MB, 2123x2530px) Image search: [Google]
1461288368546.jpg
2MB, 2123x2530px
>>8448976
I liked the one about Arabs the most.

Chair one sucked.

Laughed when the Donkey and Monkey killed everyone with Islam.

Pretty good to read as a kid or adult for fun.
>>
magician's nephew is best fosho

but it's kinda just good when you're a kid. enjoyable but good god Lewis basically lived for allegory i guess
>>
Bibleforkids/10

The Magician's Nephew, The horse and his boy, the voyage of the dawn treader and the last battle are God Tier stories for kids. Lion, witch wardrobe, Caspian and Chair are shit.
>>
read these as a kid, liked them, didnt get that it was about the bible
re read as teen, got that it as about bible. did not enjoy/10
re re read in college and compared with augustine, mere christianity, and DFW, was extremely interesting and pretty depressing. Honestly some of the discussions and looks on chrstianity and the nature of human life are pretty interesting when you look at it that way, i guess
>>
so should I read this at 22 ? I never read it as a kid
>>
>>8449623
fuck no lol
>>
>>8449631
why?
>>
File: G'Kar.jpg (36KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
G'Kar.jpg
36KB, 300x450px
Needed more Narns.
>>
>>8449363
>read these as a kid, liked them, didnt get that it was about the bible

that is the big problem with cryptoChristianity. it's like trying to sneak broccoli into good food.
>>
>>8449969
They're Space Muslims though. Lewis would have had Aslan eat them or something.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.